cragginshred Contributor - Level 2 2018-02-14

2018-02-14

How do you rack or protect your XR 18 live??

Looking for options to rack my XR or protect it from being knocked over? *** I have a basic set up with out tons of plug ins -just the XR18 so should I just get a Kevlar protector and set it somewhere safe or what are some good options?

• 0 Kudos
  • 22 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

mount stress to housing

It seems that the weak link in the mounting system is the case of the XR18 itself. The brackets are holding up well, but any stress on the mount is bending the housing where the screws attach. Has anyone developed a mount that uses all four screws on the housing to connect the mounting brackets? A triangle shaped mount would distribute the stress over the entire side of the housing instead of only the top two screws. Thanks...tony
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: How do you rack or protect your XR 18 live??

Tony Arnold;158296 wrote:
It seems that the weak link in the mounting system is the case of the XR18 itself. The brackets are holding up well, but any stress on the mount is bending the housing where the screws attach.

I haven't noticed that on mine, and it's been on international airlines several times...with a custom 1/4" TRS patchbay mounted to the back set of screws, attached only to the case. (rack ears in front, patchbay in back)

It fits kinda tight in the rack - the brake work on the patchbay leaves a little bit beyond its own rack area, so it pushes on the unit below. Nothing above - just an inch or so of air between it and the top plastic of the box - so it's wedged in there a bit. Not sure if that helps or hurts what you describe.
Contributor - Level 2

Re: How do you rack or protect your XR 18 live??

I just leave mine right by the drums so I can use a really short xlr drum mic loom, haven't knocked it over yet!