Re: How to connect Behringer 1622 to a Scarlett 4i4 for use with Jamkazam or Jamulus?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

How to connect Behringer 1622 to a Scarlett 4i4 for use with Jamkazam or Jamulus?

I currently play 3 keyboards which I route into my 1622 mixer along with a drum machine. It provides the mix, eq and effects that I like to become "my sound" when I play. Now I want to connect this to do some virtual jamming and/or record this into a DAW. So I bought a Scarlett 4i4 but I'm puzzled how to hook it into my setup without having to redo my cabling every time.

I tried having my 1622 main out going into inputs 3-4 and the output 1-2 going to my speakers. But then I can't hear myself play (unlike the singer/guitarist in the Scarlett videos) so I have to have ProTools running on the PC with an armed track active JUST to hear myself!

(Unfortunately, the 4i4 doesn't default to passing inputs thru to outputs when there's no DAW active). Since I'm not ALWAYS recording my sessions, how should I configure my setup to be able to either just play my gear normally or be able to switch to a Jamkazam/recording setup? Maybe using the tape in/out jacks or the sends?

Terry_W Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-22

2020-05-22

How to connect Behringer 1622 to a Scarlett 4i4 for use with Jamkazam or Jamulus?

I currently play 3 keyboards which I route into my 1622 mixer along with a drum machine. It provides the mix, eq and effects that I like to become "my sound" when I play. Now I want to connect this to do some virtual jamming and/or record this into a DAW. So I bought a Scarlett 4i4 but I'm puzzled how to hook it into my setup without having to redo my cabling every time.

I tried having my 1622 main out going into inputs 3-4 and the output 1-2 going to my speakers. But then I can't hear myself play (unlike the singer/guitarist in the Scarlett videos) so I have to have ProTools running on the PC with an armed track active JUST to hear myself!

(Unfortunately, the 4i4 doesn't default to passing inputs thru to outputs when there's no DAW active). Since I'm not ALWAYS recording my sessions, how should I configure my setup to be able to either just play my gear normally or be able to switch to a Jamkazam/recording setup? Maybe using the tape in/out jacks or the sends?

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: How to connect Behringer 1622 to a Scarlett 4i4 for use with Jamkazam or Jamulus?

@Terry_W 

Hello Terry, welcome to the community.

I'm not sure that the Scarlett 4i4 is helping you much. There are some possible solutions in the second post in these notes.