Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

How to get output from UHC204HD Playback Outputs.

Hi, I have no idea if this is the right place to post this question, but I will try anyway. I have just recieved my very first audio interface, a Behringher U-Phoria UMC204HD. After some minor trubles I got it to wrok with my headphones. I can hear my bass when its plugged in and audio from my pc. I had a home theather audio system that no one in the house was using, and since i dont have any speakers I thought it might be a good idea to plug it in. It's a Pionner Audi Multi-Channel reciever VSX-521 with Jamo speakers and Sub-Woffer. The whole thing works fine if I for example plug my laptop to the portable input on the front panel via a mini jack. So I tried pluggin it to my interface via RCA cable, but I cant get any output what so ever. Is it even possible to plug this system into my interface and use it like a normal speaker? 

Gawron Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-26

2020-03-26

How to get output from UHC204HD Playback Outputs.

Hi, I have no idea if this is the right place to post this question, but I will try anyway. I have just recieved my very first audio interface, a Behringher U-Phoria UMC204HD. After some minor trubles I got it to wrok with my headphones. I can hear my bass when its plugged in and audio from my pc. I had a home theather audio system that no one in the house was using, and since i dont have any speakers I thought it might be a good idea to plug it in. It's a Pionner Audi Multi-Channel reciever VSX-521 with Jamo speakers and Sub-Woffer. The whole thing works fine if I for example plug my laptop to the portable input on the front panel via a mini jack. So I tried pluggin it to my interface via RCA cable, but I cant get any output what so ever. Is it even possible to plug this system into my interface and use it like a normal speaker? 

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: How to get output from UHC204HD Playback Outputs.

@Gawron 

Hello Jakub, welcome to the community.

The RCA outputs on the UMC204HD are driven by playback from a PC via the USB connection. If you want to hear the inputs directly (not through the PC), you need to connect your amplifier to the main TRS or XLR outputs. I would use a cable like this and connect to a pair of RCA inputs on the receiver. 

Be careful playing bass through a HiFi amp and speakers. They are more easily damaged than amps and speakers designed for bass.