Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I NOW LOVE MOTOR 61 Read this if you're having trouble

I've found out how to use the motorized faders, and pretty much all the other hardware and I'm now loving this keyboard. There is NO reason to use the MC Mode. The Motor 61 is way more powerful in MIDI Mode. MC Mode just limits the capabilities of the device. The interface with Cubase is a little tricky because you have to turn transmit "on" for the faders and encoders, in the far right column of the Generic Controller page... But after that everything works as it should. For those having issues with the sustain pedal...even though it doesn't auto-sense the polarity, you can switch it internally, so it doesn't matter. The only things it's lacking is are assignable buttons under each fader (for channel muting or whatever) and an additional foot-switch input (for seq start stop or anything you would want to do, without sacrificing your sustain pedal) . I hope this thing starts to sell better so that they will make an 88 key, piano action one. Right now, I've seen them for as low as $359 at various places.

BTW, don't bother with the YouTube videos or any other "Getting Started" stuff from Behringer. They are all based on using the keyboard in MC Mode. If you have a question, post it here and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks,

Jeff
JeffPercival Contributor - Level 2 2017-04-22

2017-04-22

I NOW LOVE MOTOR 61 Read this if you're having trouble

I've found out how to use the motorized faders, and pretty much all the other hardware and I'm now loving this keyboard. There is NO reason to use the MC Mode. The Motor 61 is way more powerful in MIDI Mode. MC Mode just limits the capabilities of the device. The interface with Cubase is a little tricky because you have to turn transmit "on" for the faders and encoders, in the far right column of the Generic Controller page... But after that everything works as it should. For those having issues with the sustain pedal...even though it doesn't auto-sense the polarity, you can switch it internally, so it doesn't matter. The only things it's lacking is are assignable buttons under each fader (for channel muting or whatever) and an additional foot-switch input (for seq start stop or anything you would want to do, without sacrificing your sustain pedal) . I hope this thing starts to sell better so that they will make an 88 key, piano action one. Right now, I've seen them for as low as $359 at various places.

BTW, don't bother with the YouTube videos or any other "Getting Started" stuff from Behringer. They are all based on using the keyboard in MC Mode. If you have a question, post it here and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks,

Jeff

• 0 Kudos
  • 21 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: I NOW LOVE MOTOR 61 Read this if you're having trouble

I'm seriously considering the Motor 49 and I use Cubase as well, how does the touch sensitive aspect of the faders work using the generic remote?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I've been on the fence about picking up one of these controllers, but have held off because I haven't been able to find anything anywhere about the motorized faders and midi mode.

Now that I've finally found a post by someone who has done something similar, I'm hoping I might be able to figure out if the faders will work within a Mainstage environment.

The getting started videos briefly mentions using them for VST drawbars, but I got the impression that would only work within a supported DAW and MC mode. What I'm wondering is if I assign the faders to specific controls in Mainstage in midi mode, will they work when I move from patch to patch?

Has anyone here tried to set that up?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Motor61 controlling an XR18

Has anyone set this up. My units are stoically ignoring each other.
Any suggestions or help appreciated.

Martin
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Can we program this controller in the same way as the BCR2000?

Hello,

Originally I planned to buy a BCR2000 and found an unofficial midi detailed implementation (see https://mountainutilities.eu/).

Now I planned to buy the MOTO 61 with Bitwig Studio.
Do you know if there is a detailed midi implementation / sysex / etc... that I can use in non MC mode?
Ex. light on/off the switch, etc... ?

Thanks,
Thierry
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Sysex is not possible, but otherwise you can program the motör to use the normal suspects like note on/off, cc’s. You can switch between mc and midi control with the press of a ‘layer’ button so you dont have to commit to one or the other.

Thierry Montiel;137355 wrote:
Hello,

Originally I planned to buy a BCR2000 and found an unofficial midi detailed implementation (see https://mountainutilities.eu/).

Now I planned to buy the MOTO 61 with Bitwig Studio.
Do you know if there is a detailed midi implementation / sysex / etc... that I can use in non MC mode?
Ex. light on/off the switch, etc... ?

Thanks,
Thierry
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Robert Lofgren;137361 wrote:
Sysex is not possible, but otherwise you can program the motör to use the normal suspects like note on/off, cc’s. You can switch between mc and midi control with the press of a ‘layer’ button so you dont have to commit to one or the other.

Thanks! Bought it few hours ago.
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Feel free to ask if you encounter any questions.

Due to the holidays I might be less responsive than I usually am.

Thierry Montiel;137373 wrote:
Thanks! Bought it few hours ago.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

saving Controller changes .?

thanks for sharing your knowledge /experience ..!

i'm using my Motor as an extra keyboard midi controller . ( into Roland FA-08 ) Using Motor to play some sounds within a multi/split patch , like Organ . Getting things worked out . Using a Expression pedal into Motor ... and a Sustain type pedal that I re-assign to CC01 - modulation , to start/stop the organ's Leslie effect . SUCCESS ... Which works , until I turn it Off ... Then that Global Control Change is gone ..!? unit is very new , has most recent update ...

also trying to use the onboard pads to access the drum sounds within my FA08 ... which are on midi #10 ... and i need ti figure out the correct note numbers for the sounds ...

thanks kindly for any help or suggestions ..!

Dave C.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I just got the 49 key model and I'm running Massive through FL Studio 20 Producer, and some of the keys don't respond, I tried this in serum and a few fruity VSTs and the same thing occurred. I could switch octaves and the individual key would respond. I think the keyboard just isn't responding to certain notes. If someone knows whats going on, please let me know of a fix. Another thing I keep trying to look up is how I can separate the keys and pads, so I can use the keys for a synth and the pads for a loop/drums/etc...

Thank you,

Alex Lukens (Post_Serenity)