Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

IEM using X Air and X Air Q apps

Hi,

Our band just purchased the X18 and I plan to use IEMs. I found out that you can use either the X Air app or X Air Q app to control your own personal monitor mix on stage in a live situation.I plan on using an android tablet and my question is that i was wondering if there was some documentation to explain how to use the X Air Q app or how to use the X Air app for personal monitor control. I went through the manual for the X Air app but it does not cover it and there seems to be no manual for the X Air Q app.

I would appreciate any help and thanks for your anticipated responses.
DavidTapp Contributor - Level 2 2019-01-05

2019-01-05

IEM using X Air and X Air Q apps

Hi,

Our band just purchased the X18 and I plan to use IEMs. I found out that you can use either the X Air app or X Air Q app to control your own personal monitor mix on stage in a live situation.I plan on using an android tablet and my question is that i was wondering if there was some documentation to explain how to use the X Air Q app or how to use the X Air app for personal monitor control. I went through the manual for the X Air app but it does not cover it and there seems to be no manual for the X Air Q app.

I would appreciate any help and thanks for your anticipated responses.

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: IEM using X Air and X Air Q apps

If you are using the android you can just use the mixing station app or the official Behringer app(same thing basically) on the android. When you start the app you can restrict it to one bus if you want so that person using it can only control their IEM bus and nothing else.

The other app you mention is for the IPhone I believe since nothing else works on the iPhone. It is a private app and that's why there is nothing on it in any manual.
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you Kevin for your reply. Since making this post I did come across the mixing station app.
Contributor - Level 2

Kevin Kommit;158321 wrote:
If you are using the android you can just use the mixing station app or the official Behringer app(same thing basically) on the android. When you start the app you can restrict it to one bus if you want so that person using it can only control their IEM bus and nothing else.

The other app you mention is for the IPhone I believe since nothing else works on the iPhone. It is a private app and that's why there is nothing on it in any manual.

If I used the Mixing station app, would I get by with the free version if I'm only using it for control of my IEMs?
Super Contributor - Level 2

David Tapp;158374 wrote:
If I used the Mixing station app, would I get by with the free version if I'm only using it for control of my IEMs?

I think so. You can see the differences here. Unless you wanted to design your own layout the free version should suffice. You might want to create/edit a layer to show all the channels that you use but the free version can do that.

Perhaps when you've tried the app you may want to buy the Pro version to help fund future development...
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks again Rex.