Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Imac audio

We have a Imac 27" mid 2017 model connected to our X32 Producer via an Aux in using the earphone jack. We are having an issue with no sound while playing a video. If I unplug from the earphone jack and reinstall it sound comes back but the next time we want to play a video the same issue appears. Any suggestion as to what may be causing this?

Is there better way to get audio into the mixer instead of the earphone jack?

Thanks,

Bob
Tags (1)
BobMiller Contributor - Level 2 2018-04-02

2018-04-02

Imac audio

We have a Imac 27" mid 2017 model connected to our X32 Producer via an Aux in using the earphone jack. We are having an issue with no sound while playing a video. If I unplug from the earphone jack and reinstall it sound comes back but the next time we want to play a video the same issue appears. Any suggestion as to what may be causing this?

Is there better way to get audio into the mixer instead of the earphone jack?

Thanks,

Bob

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Imac audio

Why do not use usb port to stream channels from Imac ??
Use X32 as an audio interface !
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the reply but it's a bit more complicated than just streaming video and yes I do understand the X32 is a audio mixer. The mixer is used in a church and the video is going to 4 large monitors, through a matrix system and using the monitor audio is not an option so feeding the audio to the X32 is the best option. We just replaced our PC with the Imac and never had an audio issue with the PC and not being a Mac user thought there might be another option for getting audio to the X32, instead of using the headphone jack.

Bob
Contributor - Level 3

as told ...
the option is: Connect Imac to X32 through usb port.
Your X32 would manage audio tracks streamed by Imac.
For each track you have to route input to Card inputs instead of In1 ...

Bob Miller;143430 wrote:
Thanks for the reply but it's a bit more complicated than just streaming video and yes I do understand the X32 is a audio mixer. The mixer is used in a church and the video is going to 4 large monitors, through a matrix system and using the monitor audio is not an option so feeding the audio to the X32 is the best option. We just replaced our PC with the Imac and never had an audio issue with the PC and not being a Mac user thought there might be another option for getting audio to the X32, instead of using the headphone jack.

Bob