GPL Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

Is driver development halted?

To anyone at TC's support. I understand that some of your Interfaces are breaking the 10 years barrier (Jeez, I have a Konnekt8 from 2006!), but, other brands still support their older prodcuts with regular updates. So, simple as that, is driver development for audio interfaces halted? We´ll have any other driver/firmware version for our audio interfaces so we can use them with the newer OS's?
Tags (1)
GPL Contributor - Level 2 01-08-2019

01-08-2019

Is driver development halted?

To anyone at TC's support. I understand that some of your Interfaces are breaking the 10 years barrier (Jeez, I have a Konnekt8 from 2006!), but, other brands still support their older prodcuts with regular updates. So, simple as that, is driver development for audio interfaces halted? We´ll have any other driver/firmware version for our audio interfaces so we can use them with the newer OS's?

GPL Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Is driver development halted?

(Really no one? Hagen, Thomas, Nicolaj?)
Contributor - Level 2

It would be nice to hear from TC Electronic on this.

I am using an Impact Twin on Windows 10 (1809).
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Yes! I'd definitely like to see a new version of TC NEAR! I have talked my entire band into purchasing TC gear (we have a Konnekt 8, 24D and an Imapct Twin) and now I fear it'll stop working after the next OS update. Currently, we use Mac OS Mojave and Windows 10 (1809) and the interfaces seem to work fine. But it'd be great if there was official support for modern operating systems!

Konnekt 24D; Reaper; Retina MacBook Pro 15" (mid-2014, Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD); OS X Mojave