Recording

If your passion lies in recording then this is the page for you! Together with other recording engineers, you can share experiences, tips, gear recommendations and more.

Highlighted

Keeping signal digital - UMC1820 and DEQ2496

Contributor - Level 1
Newbie question:

I want my signal from my DAW (Logic Pro X), which is going out to my UMC1820, to stay digital as it goes into the DEQ2496. I take the analog out from the DEQ2496 into my amp.

It seems possible, but I'm unclear about how to patch it up correctly.

The UMC1820 has SPDIF and AES/EBU out, and the DEQ2496 has those same protocols in.

Anyone done this? Looking forward to advice here.

Yours,

Paul
Paul K. Ward Producer, Arranger, Jazz Pianist Rocamba.com
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Keeping signal digital - UMC1820 and DEQ2496

Contributor - Level 3
Paul Kenneth Ward;160081 wrote:
Newbie question:

I want my signal from my DAW (Logic Pro X), which is going out to my UMC1820, to stay digital as it goes into the DEQ2496. I take the analog out from the DEQ2496 into my amp.

It seems possible, but I'm unclear about how to patch it up correctly.

The UMC1820 has SPDIF and AES/EBU out, and the DEQ2496 has those same protocols in.

Anyone done this? Looking forward to advice here.

Yours,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forums. I haven't done it myself but it looks pretty straight forward. First, connect a TOSLink optical cable between SPDIF out of the 1820 to SPDIF In of the DEQ2496. Next, follow Section 3.6 of the 2496 manual which explains how to select the Optical Input. Finally, Select SPDIF on the front of the 1820 using the OPT I/O button and set Logic to output to 11/12 (which is the SPDIF optical channels).

Let us know how it goes.

Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Conversation Stats
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors