Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Konnekt 6/Sonar 7 - cannot record in 96 kHz

Whenever I switch sampling rate in Sonar 7 to 96 kHz it says:
"The default format is not compatible with one or more soundcards. It has been reset to 44100 Hz (32 bit), as suggested by the driver."
Does this mean I will not be able to use Konnet 6 with higher sampling rates in Sonar? There is another sound card installed in my laptop but I have already disabled it, so it should not cause any problems.
Thanks for any suggestion.
Marek
Tags (1)
Masr Contributor - Level 2 2008-10-17

2008-10-17

Konnekt 6/Sonar 7 - cannot record in 96 kHz

Whenever I switch sampling rate in Sonar 7 to 96 kHz it says:
"The default format is not compatible with one or more soundcards. It has been reset to 44100 Hz (32 bit), as suggested by the driver."
Does this mean I will not be able to use Konnet 6 with higher sampling rates in Sonar? There is another sound card installed in my laptop but I have already disabled it, so it should not cause any problems.
Thanks for any suggestion.
Marek

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Konnekt 6/Sonar 7 - cannot record in 96 kHz

I still find that when Sonar dose a audio test for sound card, the only one it passes is the 44.1, with a "not passed" on the rest...hmm.

Best,

Mike
Contributor - Level 2

Dunno about Konnect 6, but with my Studio Konnekt, there is a setting that says to only respond to one signal frequency and that is turned on by default. To get SONAR to be able to test all WDM frequencies, you have to turn this off so it can run thru the full range.
Contributor - Level 2

Thaks, I will try this...