Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

License Removed - what to do?

I just bought a Powercore with Virus & MD3 and the seller removed the licenses so he could send it to me Smiley Sad
I told him NOT to do this, but i assume he already has done it before, panicked and sent me the powercore anyway.

He doesn't understand why this is a problem, he'll send me the removed licenses later - now ... can I reload them to the same powercore without going through the (now defunkt) TC servers?

note to everybody: never REMOVE a LICENSE! Smiley Happy
Powercore 6000 / PowerCore4.5.0b72 / Logic / Mac Pro 5,1 (2 x 3,46 GHz 6-Core) / MacOS 10.12.6/RME HDSPe
Tags (1)
cowudders Contributor - Level 2 2018-11-29

2018-11-29

License Removed - what to do?

I just bought a Powercore with Virus & MD3 and the seller removed the licenses so he could send it to me Smiley Sad
I told him NOT to do this, but i assume he already has done it before, panicked and sent me the powercore anyway.

He doesn't understand why this is a problem, he'll send me the removed licenses later - now ... can I reload them to the same powercore without going through the (now defunkt) TC servers?

note to everybody: never REMOVE a LICENSE! Smiley Happy

• 0 Kudos
  • 8 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: License Removed - what to do?

I got the removed licenses from the seller via email:
XXXXX_MD3 Stereo Mastering_Remove.pocolicense
XXXXX_Virus PowerCore_Remove.pocolicense

of course you had to upload them to your account and download a license, which is not possible anymore.
when i try to load them i get:

[img=PunBB bbcode test]http://cowudders.mur.at/remove.jpg[/img]

even if it's from the same powercore. can't believe the licenses are really lost now.
Powercore 6000 / PowerCore4.5.0b72 / Logic / Mac Pro 5,1 (2 x 3,46 GHz 6-Core) / MacOS 10.12.6/RME HDSPe
Contributor - Level 2

The seller is a *******.

The licenses are lost.

I'd ask a refund if i was you.
Gigabyte x58a-UD7 - Xeon x5670 @4400Mhz - 12Gb ram - PowerCore MkII - PowerCore FireWire - Access Virus TI2 - MOTU UltraLite Mk3 Hybrid - Yamaha 01x - Novation Launchkey 49 - Ableton Push2 - Windows 10 - Ableton Live 9
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah that's what i thought, it might even be a scam. He also doesn't answer my emails anymore. In 20 years of online selling I've never experienced something like this. I bought this via willhaben.at (kind of the reverb.com of Austria). I have a good friend who's a lawyer, will ask him what to do.

Anyway, I also wrote to musicgroup about this, I still don't understand why this big mega-company can't even keep ONE server running for cases like this.

I, as many others here, dropped several thousands into the powercore platform.
Contributor - Level 2

just got the expected standard reply vom musictribe:

On 30 Nov 2018, at 11:31, carecrea@musictribe.com wrote:

As we were reorganising our server infrastructure as well as human resources, we came to the conclusion that we could not continue our current support of the PowerCore infrastructure. As of December 31st 2017, we have discontinued:

• The PowerCore account system
• Customer support for PowerCore

Unfortunately, it is now no longer be possible to log into your PowerCore account to register products, transfer licenses etc. and we will no longer be providing customer support for the platform.

i wrote back:

A shame that the big musictribe can't even keep ONE computer running for cases like this.
Some people still depend on the powercore plug-ins as there is simply no substitute for them yet.
Contributor - Level 2

your best recourse is through whatever site the seller was selling through. hopefully they have some kind of buyer protection.
Contributor - Level 2

cowudders wrote:

A shame that the big musictribe can't even keep ONE computer running for cases like this.
Some people still depend on the powercore plug-ins as there is simply no substitute for them yet.

Well Uli has to pay for his ripoff designs somehow....
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

Ask the seller that he provides you original poco licence which he had to drop on his card. I do use few power cards and did all archive of all licences just in case if I sell cards.
Contributor - Level 2

triaxis wrote:
Hi,

Ask the seller that he provides you original poco licence which he had to drop on his card. I do use few power cards and did all archive of all licences just in case if I sell cards.

he sent me the removed ones - problem is, i don't know when he removed them, maybe he sold them a year before this or he was just really dumb and removed them - despite of me preaching to him NOT to do this - to send them to me via email ...

Doesn't make any difference in the end - the licenses are gone, which is still a shame. MD3 + Virus are very good ones. Especially the MD3 has no native substitute yet.

I keep also blaming this on TC/Behringer - These were expensive pieces of hardware & software, they should have continued minimal support.

I still use my Poco 6000 everyday and wanted to have the Powercore Compact as a kind of 'backup' for the MD3 if my Poco 6000 goes south ...