Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

M32-edit scrambled text in prompts

Bad Prompt.PNG

I'd like to inquire about how to fix this issue in X32 Edit on Windows 10.  As you can see in the picture, the prompt text does not wrap to the next line, and the text is always overlapping itself making it illegible. 

This issue only appears in the prompts to save things, or link two channels for example.  Everything else is fine.

Is this a known issue?

JoelMerriman Contributor - Level 2 2019-05-05

2019-05-05

M32-edit scrambled text in prompts

Bad Prompt.PNG

I'd like to inquire about how to fix this issue in X32 Edit on Windows 10.  As you can see in the picture, the prompt text does not wrap to the next line, and the text is always overlapping itself making it illegible. 

This issue only appears in the prompts to save things, or link two channels for example.  Everything else is fine.

Is this a known issue?

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: M32-edit scrambled text in prompts

Hi @JoelMerriman , welcome to the community.

I had this problem with one of my laptops running Windows 10. I solved it like this:

Open the folder containing X32-Edit.exe and right-click on the file. Select Properties and then the Compatibility tab. Check the box marked: Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 8 in the pull-down list. Click OK and relaunch X32 Edit.

Contributor - Level 3

It could be a problem with one of the M32 Edit preferences files. They are to be found at C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Roaming\M32-Edit. Try renaming the files to back them up and then restart M32 Edit to load the original defaults.

Super Contributor - Level 2

Hi @JoelMerriman , welcome to the community.

I had this problem with one of my laptops running Windows 10. I solved it like this:

Open the folder containing X32-Edit.exe and right-click on the file. Select Properties and then the Compatibility tab. Check the box marked: Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 8 in the pull-down list. Click OK and relaunch X32 Edit.

Contributor - Level 2

That looks like it did the trick! Thanks!
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Joel. Thanks for coming back to say that you managed to fix the problem. However it would be useful to know which 'fix' fixed it for you. 

Contributor - Level 2

RichardYClark -

The proper solution was already "Accepted", and you can view it by clicking on the big green banner in the original post.... which brings you to the post that was accepted.... which has a big blue button labeled "Accepted Solution"

But for your convenience, I'll just tell you it was fixed by running the app in compatibility mode.

Accepted.PNG

Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately the Go to Solution button didn't seem to work for me. It just took me to my previous post not Rex's.  Anyway glad you got it sorted.