Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

MIDI Foot controller

Does anyone know if this controller will work with the XR18?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FCB1010--behringer-midi-foot-controller-fcb1010?gclid=Cj0KCQ...

I'm looking to turn FX on / off, mute, etc for now. If the foot pedals could be used for levels or something useful, that would be great!

If not, can anyone recommend a foot controller?

Thanks
MichaelAngelo Contributor - Level 2 2018-03-14

2018-03-14

MIDI Foot controller

Does anyone know if this controller will work with the XR18?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FCB1010--behringer-midi-foot-controller-fcb1010?gclid=Cj0KCQjwkKPVBRDtARIsAA2CG6GpdR6aDJmaQfBmatkH32FbZ9_8UUqh_3mvm62X1iC4pAecsLh-AmwaAmFaEALw_wcB

I'm looking to turn FX on / off, mute, etc for now. If the foot pedals could be used for levels or something useful, that would be great!

If not, can anyone recommend a foot controller?

Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: MIDI Foot controller

Yes, that's the foot controller I use with my XR18 and XR12 (just one at a time). It is only limited by the XAir MIDI interface which does mostly muting and main volume fader controls.

See here for a description of the XAir MIDI controls.

You can also buy firmware upgrades for the FCB 1010 that increase it's usefulness.

It's a nice foot controller, and is built like a tank, so good for taking to shows. There are a few other brands that are a little cheaper, but they are much less capable (a lot less buttons - no pedals). I got mine for around $100 as an open box deal, so you could look for something like that to save some money if you don't mind it not being brand new.

It can be a little complicated to program it using the foot switches, but here are several computer based configuration programs you can use if you have a midi interface for your computer.

-Ted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: MIDI Foot controller

Thanks Ted! That is very useful information.