Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

MR18 - Recording and playback on multiple channels

Hello again,

I've been bitten by the multi track recording feature of my MR18 mixer.  lol

I finally got it set up so I can record each (multiple) channel into my Traction 5. 

Example: I recorded our band using 6 channels/tracks.  Channels 1,2 and 3 are vocals and channels 6,7 and 8 were guitars.  I was able to record each individual channel onto it's own track in Traction 5. My issue is that when playing it back through the mixer it only sends to channels 1 and 2.  In the X-edit software under settings audio/midi I have 18/18 ch selected.  Under the In/Out tab I have set the USB returns to USB Plugin.  Is there a way to have the Traction software send all the tracks back to the channels they came from?  

Thanks in advance for any advice. Smiley Happy

WilliamPanto Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-31

2019-08-31

MR18 - Recording and playback on multiple channels

Hello again,

I've been bitten by the multi track recording feature of my MR18 mixer.  lol

I finally got it set up so I can record each (multiple) channel into my Traction 5. 

Example: I recorded our band using 6 channels/tracks.  Channels 1,2 and 3 are vocals and channels 6,7 and 8 were guitars.  I was able to record each individual channel onto it's own track in Traction 5. My issue is that when playing it back through the mixer it only sends to channels 1 and 2.  In the X-edit software under settings audio/midi I have 18/18 ch selected.  Under the In/Out tab I have set the USB returns to USB Plugin.  Is there a way to have the Traction software send all the tracks back to the channels they came from?  

Thanks in advance for any advice. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: MR18 - Recording and playback on multiple channels

You may have 2 issues going on.

1) Your daw ch outputs are maybe set to send every ch to main L/R? That would change within Traction on each tracks output port setting. I'm not familiar with traction but I would assume you can choose any output ch available of the 18 total available, if the drivers installed correctly.  You will need to set each ch to the appropriate output or output pair. Sometimes these show as L out 1 and 2 (ch 1) or R out 1 and 2 (ch 2) or stereo 1 and 2 (both ch 1 and 2) etc right up thru all the available numbers.

2) You perhaps don't have the XR chaneels all set to usb returns? In other words some ch's are set as mic ch's still instead of usb with only ch 1 and 2 set for usb.