Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

MS101 - MIDI options & sequencer syncing late with MIDI clock

Hi - just got my MS101. Sounds great, and I managed to update the firmware after trying three different computers (eventually worked on a PC with Windows 7).

However there are still a couple of things:

1. How do you set the Midi channel on the MS101? Also how do you switch sync to Midi clock on and off? The manual had nothing on this.

2. The MS101 internal sequencer isn't syncing via MIDI clock in time - it's slightly late, which sounds bad when making music. Using normal MIDI notes from my sequencer is fine and on time, but the MS101 sequencer is late. Are Behringer/other users aware of this issue?

Issue 2 is a dealbreaker for me - if there isn't a fix soon, I'll unfortunately have to return it to the shop.

Thanks for the help,

Jamie

seffers Contributor - Level 3 2019-05-15

2019-05-15

MS101 - MIDI options & sequencer syncing late with MIDI clock

Hi - just got my MS101. Sounds great, and I managed to update the firmware after trying three different computers (eventually worked on a PC with Windows 7).

However there are still a couple of things:

1. How do you set the Midi channel on the MS101? Also how do you switch sync to Midi clock on and off? The manual had nothing on this.

2. The MS101 internal sequencer isn't syncing via MIDI clock in time - it's slightly late, which sounds bad when making music. Using normal MIDI notes from my sequencer is fine and on time, but the MS101 sequencer is late. Are Behringer/other users aware of this issue?

Issue 2 is a dealbreaker for me - if there isn't a fix soon, I'll unfortunately have to return it to the shop.

Thanks for the help,

Jamie

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: MS101 - MIDI options & sequencer syncing late with MIDI clock

Having the same issue.

Any light on this ?

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Hi - no, unfortunately not. Still waiting for a possible firmware fix. I didn't return it in the end, as I love the sound - just have to use it via CV/gate so it's in time. Behringer were good getting back to me, but after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing on possible fixes, it got to the stage where I would have to do a load of MIDI tests using a DAW etc, and I couldn't be bothered. Hopefully we'll get new firmware soon - the latest is via the Synthtool - 1.1.3.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Hi - just checked and they have updated the Synthtool to v2.0 on 8th Nov! Hopefully this means new firmware for the MS101 that fixes the MIDI sync - will try it later.

EDIT - unfortunately it's the same firmware, 1.1.3. The wait continues...

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

"The wait continues..."

indeed. Mine arrived last Friday. Sequencer still laggy over USB. Please prioritise this problem, unless I'm missing something in which case please enlighten me. I'm on Live 10 and i've tried adjusting every available time-based parameter to no avail.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

I gave up using MIDI to sync the internal sequencer - just wouldn't sync in time. I now sync it using CV and it's bang on timing. Bit of a nuisance, but I love the sound of it - hope they eventually fix it via firmware.