Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Midas m8000 da converter

Posted this over in Midas, perhaps someone here has an answer..

Does anyone know when the DL16's and M32R's began using the new adc's? Perhaps by serial or something so I can know whether my stagebox and console share ADC's? I know they're in the new Rack now so I'm assuming it's all across the board. I'm just curious if there was a confirmed begin time I could pinpoint. Would be a fun test as I plan on pretty extensive comparisons when my Rack is fixed and all different combos. However, if they really do smoke the CirrusLogics that came before them, I'd like to at least be able to account for that in some way.

Anyone with any info on the matter?
Tags (1)
RyanFinch Contributor - Level 3 2019-01-08

2019-01-08

Midas m8000 da converter

Posted this over in Midas, perhaps someone here has an answer..

Does anyone know when the DL16's and M32R's began using the new adc's? Perhaps by serial or something so I can know whether my stagebox and console share ADC's? I know they're in the new Rack now so I'm assuming it's all across the board. I'm just curious if there was a confirmed begin time I could pinpoint. Would be a fun test as I plan on pretty extensive comparisons when my Rack is fixed and all different combos. However, if they really do smoke the CirrusLogics that came before them, I'd like to at least be able to account for that in some way.

Anyone with any info on the matter?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Midas m8000 da converter

Where or what says that the Midas products have changed DACs? I thought that they used different ones form the X32 series anyway as part of the upgrade to Midas.
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Midas m8000 da converter

My apologies. I meant AD converter. I know the Midas DA converters to be superior to the Behringer ones. However, they shared the same Cirrus logic ADC's and Midas now makes them in house.

I'm just trying to see if I can figure out whether my M32R/DL16 have the m8000 or the Cirrus logic. Was hoping someone would be able to pinpoint a manufacture start by serial number. Obviously not interested in voiding the 10 year warranties associated with each for the sake of finding out. Frankly, i didn't expect to see them in the x32 units at all. I had forgotten about them until i saw them on the Rack's input Pcb.