Contributor - Level 2

Might have a run of X-Touch overlays made... Gauging interest

I've so far done the work to design a nice X-Touch overlay for controlling X-Air mixers and another for controlling Sonar. They just need to be manufactured and cut on Lexan. There is a bit of a cost overhead to do a limited run. How many here would be willing to pay $15-20 for a high-quality Lexan overlay? If there is enough interest, I'd be happy to do Logic/Cubase/etc overlays as well.

-Scott
Tags (1)
ScottReams Contributor - Level 2 2016-11-14

2016-11-14

Might have a run of X-Touch overlays made... Gauging interest

I've so far done the work to design a nice X-Touch overlay for controlling X-Air mixers and another for controlling Sonar. They just need to be manufactured and cut on Lexan. There is a bit of a cost overhead to do a limited run. How many here would be willing to pay $15-20 for a high-quality Lexan overlay? If there is enough interest, I'd be happy to do Logic/Cubase/etc overlays as well.

-Scott

• 0 Kudos
  • 30 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Might have a run of X-Touch overlays made... Gauging interest

I'd be interested in a Logic one, and an X32 one.

Andy
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Scott

Put me on the list for a Cubase Overlay. Happy to invest in it as soon it's worth for you to do the effort.

Thx, Ralph
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Overlays Desired

I would definitely be interested in an X-Touch/X-Air overlay.

Note, the legends on the X-Touch *are* the Logic overlay - get a copy of the Logic Control Surfaces manual (PDF, online, Apple) and jump to the Mackie Control section. Welcome to your control surface.

Logic Pro X 10.4.8, X-Touch 1.15, XR18 1.5, macOS 10.14.5|10.15.2
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X32 overlay

Here is mine X32-overlay

Greetings
Kay
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I would be interested in a cut out blank overlay. I would also be very interested in your file for the overlay you have designed. I am a niche user. (http://ampmix.net/) It is still in Beta but I want to make a overlay for it.

Thanks for any help you can give.
AMP user since 2014 http://lbpinc.com/DI.html
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Overlay

Scott,

Did you ever get your overlay made? I am interested in purchasing one if you have them.

Adam
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X32 overlay, please

I'd love an X32 overlay!
Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

Scott Reams;89383 wrote:

-Scott

Sonar and XR18 and X32. I'ld go for all 3 at 20 each, rather 15 but its worth it if well fitting and accurate!

PM if and when!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I did a X32 overlay in high quality vector graphics, that can be easily individually labelled.

It's been done with Inkscape, a freeware vector drawing program. You can print it on cardboard. The only tricky thing is to cut out all the holes for the knobs and the display (use a metal ruler or sth similar and a cutting knife or razor blade).

You can cut off the complete fader (perhaps leaving out the "FLIP" knob) and lower button/jogwheel area (including the big transport buttons) to reduce the number of holes to cut a little.

The labels are the standard one's (sometimes abbreviated to fit) plus the X32 overlay in yellow (possibly abbreviated too). But they are all easily editable because they are text fields. Just click on them with the text object tool (big "A" on the toolbar) selected.

Regards

Michael