Re: Mixing-Station: SoF not jumping back to first layer. Bug? Workaround?
ChristofZielber Contributor - Level 3 a month ago

a month ago

Mixing-Station: SoF not jumping back to first layer. Bug? Workaround?

I made a special layout for monitor-mixing with the goal in mind to NOT give access to the main bus.

When you open mixing station, the first layer will be shown (with just the 4 monitor master-faders).

Then there are 4 single buttons with two actions each:

• select "Monitor-Mixer"-layer (with a selection of the needed inputs)
  • select the "SoF"-function (for each monitor bus)

What happens is:

• When opening the mixer you'll see the master faders for the monitor-busses (all fine)
  • Selecting a SoF-Button will change the layer and give access to the SoF-function (still fine)
  • Deselecting the SoF-button will jump back to the first layer with just the monitor-masters (perfect)

BUT:

• If you jump from one SoF-button to another (as you'd probably do quite often) and THEN deselect the SoF-button, you will gain access to the main mixbus with all inputs selected in the "monitor-mixer"-layer.
  • It will NOT jump back to the first layer as expected.

This just kills the whole concept of what I've been trying to do.

Please help: Did I do something wrong? Is there a workaround? Maybe selecting a dedicated layer when leaving the SoF-function? (don't know if that's possible). Maybe it's a bug...?

• 0 Kudos
  • 12 Replies

Super Contributor - Level 2

@ChristofZielber 

Another trick that might help is to break the toggle action of the SoF buttons:

Set the first button action to select the target SoF bus but with Invert on. Set the second action the same but without Invert. It sounds bizarre but it does work. The button can change the SoF target but it can't turn SoF off.

Of course with conflicting actions, the button will never highlight. This is easily solved by placing another button on top (foreground) that has an action to select the SoF target bus but with Touch = None.

Contributor - Level 3

YEAH!

Thank you so much!
The last two tricks made all the difference!!!

You're a genius!

Did you find all this tricks by yourself or ist there a good resource for these "undocumented features"?

Highlighted

Super Contributor - Level 2

@ChristofZielber wrote:

YEAH!

Thank you so much!
The last two tricks made all the difference!!!

You're a genius!

Did you find all this tricks by yourself or ist there a good resource for these "undocumented features"?

@ChristofZielber 

That's great. I'm glad the tricks helped.

I'm afraid that there isn't a secret spell-book for Mixing Station. I found most of the tricks I know by experimenting. Some of them are in this thread.