DavidSchumann Contributor - Level 2 2016-07-19

2016-07-19

Mixing Station X Air

Mixing Station will be available for the X Air series mixers.
The app will be available for beta testing starting now.
The beta version does not support the XR12 mixer yet. The XR16, XR18/X18 are supported.

Also some features are still missing, but I’m working on it.

Download
To download the beta version of Mixing Station X Air click the following link:
https://bugs.dev-core.org/w/ms/beta/
The app is not visible in the play store until you joined the beta group!

• 0 Kudos
  • 515 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

glad i was here looking around.

Darnit DAVID you took my money again! I am very late to the party too. Bought the pro version. Some of the pro features are awesome. Thats why I bought it for my x32 as well.

One thing can you PLEASE add. Maybe this has been discussed already.

One thing I cannot stand is that recalling a scene does not recall the faders I had set up for that scene. For example, if I only use 2 aux's (aux 3 and 4) for a scene I usually remove the others. Sometimes I use aux 4 or 6 etc. Or sometimes I may use different aux's and channels for different groups. Maybe channels 1, 4, 6 and 8. Another time i use channels 9, 10, 11, 15, and 16.

As the x air app is now if i recall a scene only the channels that were already on the screen are recalled. i have to then edit the screen to see what i actually need or don't.

When you do add scenes it would be nice to have the app recall what i had set up in it.

PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE.

things I love, (same as x32). The auto layer function. thats worth $5, the meters are worth 5. the time lines in the comp and gates, thats worth $5. blinking sends on fader is great too.

things that i like with the x air app vs this one. maybe you can fix. the top of the channel strip has individual Gate Dyn Eq buttons. Much faster access.

Keep up the good work. You have lots of our money. So we respect the work and expect more.

Thanks
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Mixing Station X Air

Has anyone been able to connect to the mixer via the Mixing Station App on a wired android connection? As in:

(Android) Tablet - > USB-OTG-Adapter -> Ethernet-Cable -> Mixer

I've got this setup working in the "offical" Behringer App with the mixer serving as DHCP-server. Works flawlessly, ethernet connection gets established, the offical app finds the mixer and I have wired control.

Mixing station doesn't want to use the wired connection it seems, but maybe I'm just missing something

[Edit]: Nevermind, today it worked, dunno what went wrong the first time...
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Pbkac

Joel - there are no "scenes" in Mixing Station for XR so lets call them what they are - "snapshots". You need to enable the channels, busses, and FX that you want to be preserved / replaced when you save/load snapshots. You'll see this when you open the snapshot list view. Same concept as scene channel safes in the Behringer app. Anyway it's working fine for me and I use several very different aux bus configs...
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Just a thought...

I've just been reminded that the Official Android app has a WiFi Lock feature to make sure your tablet doesn't jump ship and connect to another router while controlling your mixer.

Currently Mixing Desk Pro doesn't seem to offer that. Is it missing, planned for a future upgrade, or already automatically supported without an opt-out choice - as it must be rare not to want to stay connected while operating the mixer.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Possible bug

Device - Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
App - Mixing Station PRO Latest build.

Issue - Screen does not dim even when the setting is set to 'Keep screen dimmed' while the mixer is in idle.
Tried with Auto Brightness turned off as well but still the same. This works fine on LG G Pad 8.3. So, may be it is due to Samsung's android customization.

Wonder if others who use Samsung tablets got the same issue. It would be good if this can be fixed as it drains the battery.

Thanks
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Thomas Horn;84849 wrote:
Has anyone been able to connect to the mixer via the Mixing Station App on a wired android connection? As in:

(Android) Tablet - > USB-OTG-Adapter -> Ethernet-Cable -> Mixer

I've got this setup working in the "offical" Behringer App with the mixer serving as DHCP-server. Works flawlessly, ethernet connection gets established, the offical app finds the mixer and I have wired control.

Mixing station doesn't want to use the wired connection it seems, but maybe I'm just missing something

My Asus Zenpad works fine with Mixing Station Pro wired via a USB-OTG to Ethernet Bob adapter as well as with the Behringer Android app.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Roy Hewa;84883 wrote:
Device - Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
App - Mixing Station PRO Latest build.

Issue - Screen does not dim even when the setting is set to 'Keep screen dimmed' while the mixer is in idle.
Tried with Auto Brightness turned off as well but still the same. This works fine on LG G Pad 8.3. So, may be it is due to Samsung's android customization.

Wonder if others who use Samsung tablets got the same issue. It would be good if this can be fixed as it drains the battery.

Thanks

Hi:

I have a Samsung Tab pro 12" and a Tab A 10". The pro dims in about 5 minutes, I think the A does as well.
look at your display settings in the Android system settings.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Roy Hewa;84883 wrote:

This setting would better have been called "keep screen active".
That the sceen is dimmed at all is a configuration of the Android system.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

In my layouts I have removed the "fine and mute enable" button group. Problem is the program comes up with mutes disabled - is there an easy way to keep them enabled? Now, I have to add the "mute enable" back to enable them and then remove it again as I have no room for it on my screen Smiley Sad .
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Ron Kimball;84948 wrote:
Problem is the program comes up with mutes disabled - is there an easy way to keep them enabled?

It should start like it was when you left the program. At least in offline mode this is the case.