Highlighted
Valued Contributor - Level 2

Mixing Station for iPhones

Robert mentioned the other day but it’s little known yet I think. It is officially in the App Store! Praise Be
assume for iPad as well...
Tags (1)
GaryHiggins Valued Contributor - Level 2 2019-01-08

2019-01-08

Mixing Station for iPhones

Robert mentioned the other day but it’s little known yet I think. It is officially in the App Store! Praise Be
assume for iPad as well...

• 0 Kudos
  • 23 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Mixing Station for iPhones

Yes, they are for ipads as well.

I’ve email’ed David if he wanted to announce it here on our forum, but with no response. It seems that he is more into Facebook nowadays...

Facebook is not my cup of tea
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

Prelim impression is that it operates as a user of it would expect if they have ever used it before anywhere. Got to love that, I have not explored extensively but ipad and iPhone users should rejoice.
Volunteer Moderator

My only gripe with it currently is that it does not support family sharing. This means that I can’t get one of my old ipad(s) (given to wife/kid) as a backup.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Robert Lofgren;158398 wrote:
My only gripe with it currently is that it does not support family sharing. This means that I can’t get one of my old ipad(s) (given to wife/kid) as a backup.

this post scared me.
however as it turns out it does support family sharing.

maybe not between ipad/iphone though...however all my ipads are able to run off of 1 license.

So cross device type it doesn't support family share meaning you have to buy for both the iphone and ipad? Sort of too bad as it means for me, buying 2 X32 apps and 2 XR18 apps if I want access to both mixer apps on my phone and ipad-which I do. Not terrible though, think about $26 us all in for both apps on 2 devices. Someone is going to get pretty rich (you can pay now or pay later but if you are an apple device owner and an X32/XAir owner you will eventually paySmiley Wink....and be happy you did). I guess this is perfectly ok by me after all these years of support for the X32 and XAir! One bright young man! I am sure a LOT of hard work went in. Hats off. That said I still may hold off a bit for my iPad, on the off chance this changes. I mean come on, a few Mickey D's burgers, large fries with a large drink perhaps saved, who can blame me!

Volunteer Moderator

The app itself can be shared by up to six family members, but that is moot since the app is free.

In-app purchases can’t be shared between family members, according to apple store. If you have several devices registered to your own apple-id this is not a problem but my old devices are now registered individually to my wife and son with their own apple-id’s so unless I re-register them to my apple-id I’m not able to use the purchased modules.

The app is universal and supports both iphones and ipads without any additional cost.

So if my phone and iPad use the same Apple ID I can share between devices? It won’t help me either as I have 2 id’s. There was a reason why I didn’t switch to the same Id at one time but damned if I Remember....oh well I do have an old iPad on the same id as my new one though.
Volunteer Moderator

That is correct. Your apps are connected to your apple-id and not your devices.

Family sharing (if allowed by the app) let you install a purchased app onto up to six family members devices. Most apps that I have encountered does allow for family sharing.

Gary Higgins;158460 wrote:
So if my phone and iPad use the same Apple ID I can share between devices?
Contributor - Level 3

Is it possible to try it out before buying it? Or do you have to buy it to see if you like it. So far, the android version is so hideous I cant get myself to use it.