Contributor - Level 2

Mixing Station x-air Pro custom problems

I watched the recently posted custom set-up on youtube and the referenced videos in the description. Re-watched and followed along as I set up duplicate layouts and layers.
3 questions:
1 - I thought a saw that the "default" file was the one that auto-loaded when opened. The layout system had a canned file named "reconnect001", not "default". I created a "test" file and saved the layout and layers. Each time I opened the app I had to manually open the "test" file to get the layout I wanted. I tried saving over the "reconnect001", same result. Do I HAVE to name the file "default"?
2 - I set up 3 Mute group buttons. Assigned them to groups 1,2,3 accordingly. Selecting random channels to be muted, but the buttons do not mute the assigned channels. The buttons light up, but don't do anything else. The channels can be muted on their strips, however.
3 - I would like a "Fine" button without the others in that strip. Is that possible?

Thanks
DavidAllred Contributor - Level 2 2018-08-17

2018-08-17

Mixing Station x-air Pro custom problems

I watched the recently posted custom set-up on youtube and the referenced videos in the description. Re-watched and followed along as I set up duplicate layouts and layers.
3 questions:
1 - I thought a saw that the "default" file was the one that auto-loaded when opened. The layout system had a canned file named "reconnect001", not "default". I created a "test" file and saved the layout and layers. Each time I opened the app I had to manually open the "test" file to get the layout I wanted. I tried saving over the "reconnect001", same result. Do I HAVE to name the file "default"?
2 - I set up 3 Mute group buttons. Assigned them to groups 1,2,3 accordingly. Selecting random channels to be muted, but the buttons do not mute the assigned channels. The buttons light up, but don't do anything else. The channels can be muted on their strips, however.
3 - I would like a "Fine" button without the others in that strip. Is that possible?

Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Mixing Station x-air Pro custom problems

Hi David.

(1) Different versions of Android use either default or reconnect001. I think the latest versions have returned to using default. Do you have the Autosave option enabled in Setup -> App -> GENERAL? If so, when started it should reload the last layout that you loaded - regardless of what you called it.

(2) Mute Groups only work when connected to a mixer.

(3) I don't think there is any way to create a Fine button on its own but you can set Fine Fader mode on in Setup -> App -> CHANNEL STRIP and it will stick. Generally the app settings are not available as custom actions.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Rex Beckett;150685 wrote:
Hi David.

(1) Different versions of Android use either default or reconnect001. I think the latest versions have returned to using default. Do you have the Autosave option enabled in Setup -> App -> GENERAL? If so, when started it should reload the last layout that you loaded - regardless of what you called it.

(2) Mute Groups only work when connected to a mixer.

(3) I don't think there is any way to create a Fine button on its own but you can set Fine Fader mode on in Setup -> App -> CHANNEL STRIP and it will stick. Generally the app settings are not available as custom actions.

thanks

1 - I downloaded the app yesterday, so it should be the latest.. Auto save is not on. I thought that meant it would save on it's on periodically. I will turn that on.

2 - I did connect and it made no difference.

3 - I only want Fine on demand. I may hide the others behind other stuff.

David Allred;150692 wrote:
I did connect and it made no difference.

Did you set up the Mute Groups while connected to the mixer? You can set them up offline but you would then need to save the offline scene and then reload it while connected to the XR. MSX transfers current mixer settings to the app when connected.

A quick way to set up Mute Groups is to double-tap with two fingers anywhere on the MSX display and then press and hold one of the displayed buttons.

David Allred;150692 wrote:
I only want Fine on demand. I may hide the others behind other stuff.

If you turn-off Show SoF and Show SoF Mix Select in Setup -> App -> MIXER then you will only get Fine and Mute Enable buttons on the SoF list.