mjt Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

Model D and Pro Tools

Hi Guys,

I'm new to recording my synth in to a computer, so this is probably embarrassing, but here goes...

I'm trying to record anything from my Model D in to Pro Tools. I have my Keystep midi going in to the Model D, and its working fine, and the Model D hooked up to my PC with Protools HD. The model D is hooked up via USB.

I've tried setting up all different types of tracks, but can't seem to get any input or sound from the model D in to Pro Tools. I've tried fiddling with USB setup, but I think thsi is working as I can trigger BFD3 drums with it running through the Model D. I've created a new Midi instrument here, called it model D, put the input channel to Arturia Keystep 32 (emulated). Still can't get any synth sounds.  I just can't hear or record any synth sound from the model D in to Protools, but the model D is making sounds in earphones, just not through my computer or protools. I have the latest firmware.

So, here's the questions:-

1) What type of track should I set up for the model D to record in to pro tools? Midi, instrument or audio? Do I need an insert? It might be this simple

2) What settings should I have for the midi setup on a new instrument which has no Protools presets? - I think I have this right atm.

3) Even though I haev the latest firmware, is there some other insert, plug-in or software required for Protools to recognise and hear sounds from my Model D.

Thanks in advance

Mark

mjt Contributor - Level 2 05-15-2019

05-15-2019

Model D and Pro Tools

Hi Guys,

I'm new to recording my synth in to a computer, so this is probably embarrassing, but here goes...

I'm trying to record anything from my Model D in to Pro Tools. I have my Keystep midi going in to the Model D, and its working fine, and the Model D hooked up to my PC with Protools HD. The model D is hooked up via USB.

I've tried setting up all different types of tracks, but can't seem to get any input or sound from the model D in to Pro Tools. I've tried fiddling with USB setup, but I think thsi is working as I can trigger BFD3 drums with it running through the Model D. I've created a new Midi instrument here, called it model D, put the input channel to Arturia Keystep 32 (emulated). Still can't get any synth sounds.  I just can't hear or record any synth sound from the model D in to Protools, but the model D is making sounds in earphones, just not through my computer or protools. I have the latest firmware.

So, here's the questions:-

1) What type of track should I set up for the model D to record in to pro tools? Midi, instrument or audio? Do I need an insert? It might be this simple

2) What settings should I have for the midi setup on a new instrument which has no Protools presets? - I think I have this right atm.

3) Even though I haev the latest firmware, is there some other insert, plug-in or software required for Protools to recognise and hear sounds from my Model D.

Thanks in advance

Mark

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Model D and Pro Tools

Oh yes, and my audio controller is Unibersal Audio Apollo Twin, I have the quarter inch jack out from the high (tried low too) in to the mic line 2, and set the correct input in the . The test signal and keyboard works throug the model D direct in to speakers or earphones, but nothing, including test signal, is going in to protools. No synth gets in to protools, but my keystep is triggering a basic midi piano sound. I'm stumped!

Regards,

Mark
Contributor - Level 2

fixed, model D needs to go in to HIz not normal quarter inch jack

Mark

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Oh yes, and my audio controller is Unibersal Audio Apollo Twin, I have the quarter inch jack out from the high (tried low too) in to the mic line 2, and set the correct input in the . The test signal and keyboard works throug the model D direct in to speakers or earphones, but nothing, including test signal, is going in to protools. No synth gets in to protools, but my keystep is triggering a basic midi piano sound. I'm stumped!

Regards,

Mark
Contributor - Level 2

fixed, model D needs to go in to HIz not normal quarter inch jack

Mark