Contributor - Level 1

Most Essential Plugins

I'm looking to expand my plugin library. For a long time, I've just been using what came bundled with Logic. I bought the Waves Gold bundle earlier this year, but am looking to add some more. Is there a plugin or plugins you find particularly indispensable to your workflow? I was thinking mostly along the lines of all purpose type stuff -- compressors, channel strips, EQs -- but I'd be interested to hear anything that springs to mind.

If it helps, the material I record tends toward guitar/bass/drums rock, folk, americana stuff. I've also been dabbling in podcast/voiceover stuff lately. UC Browser SHAREit Appvn

Martin77 Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-14

2019-08-14

Most Essential Plugins

I'm looking to expand my plugin library. For a long time, I've just been using what came bundled with Logic. I bought the Waves Gold bundle earlier this year, but am looking to add some more. Is there a plugin or plugins you find particularly indispensable to your workflow? I was thinking mostly along the lines of all purpose type stuff -- compressors, channel strips, EQs -- but I'd be interested to hear anything that springs to mind.

If it helps, the material I record tends toward guitar/bass/drums rock, folk, americana stuff. I've also been dabbling in podcast/voiceover stuff lately. UC Browser SHAREit Appvn

Contributor - Level 1

Re: Most Essential Plugins

For price-performance I love the Valhalla Shimmer. It can give an otherworldly flavor and is only $50. Logic provides many, many good basic plugins so the only ones needed for me are oddball things like Shimmer.