ThomasAlexander Contributor - Level 3 2019-05-06

2019-05-06

New Windows Driver Available for U-PHORIA UMC-Series Version 4.59.0

I have not found a thread announcing this, but anyone using Windows having problems with their Behringer UMC audio interfaces, should try the new driver version 4.59.0. I believe it was released in the last month or two. It is for the following models:

UMC202, UMC202HD
UMC204, UMC204HD
UMC404, UMC404HD
UMC1820

Support for:

Windows 7
Windows 8
Windows 8.1
Windows 10

Driver Details:
This driver offers…
various minor improvements and bug-fixes
full Windows 10 support
updated I/O channel names for the WDM driver part
added ASIO-compatible logo at the UMC driver panel
If you’re using already one of the named UMC interfaces without any trouble, there is noneed to install this driver. If you install an UMC device for the first time, this driver is recommended for a maximum compatibility.

Make sure to follow the Readme file instructions for installation.

• 0 Kudos
  • 23 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: New Windows Driver Available for U-PHORIA UMC-Series Version 4.59.0

So I guess I am a casual user. Smiley Happy I am infuriated by the inability of the 204HD to allow us to switch between DAW (I'm using SONAR) and YouTube, iTunes, etc. I believe I can get YT and iTunes standardized at 48k, but I have years of SONAR material recorded at various sample rates. As far as I can tell, SONAR properties only allows me to set 48k as the default rate for future projects. 

You mentioned "using UMC as a sound card" and while I use it as my audio/midi interface when recording, I need it to be my sound card too. Are you really using some other product as "sound card" AND the UMC for interfaces? How? 

Contributor - Level 2

....and 1 last point - I have never experienced this issue with any other audio interface. Before the UMD204HD, I was using a FastTrack Pro and never had an issue switching between DAW and other Windows apps. I wonder how other products solve this challenge? 

Contributor - Level 2

....and 1 last point - I have never experienced this issue with any other audio interface. Before the UMD204HD, I was using a FastTrack Pro and never had an issue switching between DAW and other Windows apps. I wonder how other products solve this challenge? 

Contributor - Level 3

I currently use version 4.38.0 with XR18 and I believe is the same driver for my UMC204hd (which is not currently used).

I run Reaper (DAW), youtube, RealBand, Band In A Box, iTunes, and Windows Media Player, ALL at the same time, without any issues. 

Using Helix Native through Reaper with my guitar and playing to backing tracks from youtube and using Midi from RealBand. All good, this is used with Windows 10 1903 latest update.  Hope this helps.

Don't know what new on the latest driver version but I wont install it unless it would fix something on my laptop and I can't see any problems.