Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

New X32 volume fluctuations

Got the X32 and S16 box about a month ago. The installers said the S16 wasn't syncing with the X32. They put in a new box and the sync has worked wonderfully.

However, now we are having random volume changes during our services. Every week we have a sudden increase in volume- like someone just pushed up the LR about 150 db- or audio drops.

This week during a rehearsal, I was walking around with my laptop and the X32 Edit. Suddenly, the PA volume went way up and into feedback. I went to press the 'Mute All' button but Edit lost connection with the X32 at the same moment. A mad dash to FOH was necessary.

The X32 sits in close proximity to HDMI adapters, PC screens, and about 13 Shure/Sennheiser wireless receivers. The power circuit the unit is plugged into has a dedicated breaker in the panel. What is causing the volume changes? Should I ask Care to swap out the mixer??

I'm new to the X32 - and after 4 weeks on the mixer I have an understanding on most everything, except global parameter safes. So, I'm concentrating on building the channel library first before getting crazy with running a bunch of scenes instead of simply mixing using my DCA's.

Any help with the volume issues would be great. Again, it is like a power surge of volume. I am having a hard time recreating the issue.

I'm
Tags (1)
AndyPerrigo Contributor - Level 1 2017-03-20

2017-03-20

New X32 volume fluctuations

Got the X32 and S16 box about a month ago. The installers said the S16 wasn't syncing with the X32. They put in a new box and the sync has worked wonderfully.

However, now we are having random volume changes during our services. Every week we have a sudden increase in volume- like someone just pushed up the LR about 150 db- or audio drops.

This week during a rehearsal, I was walking around with my laptop and the X32 Edit. Suddenly, the PA volume went way up and into feedback. I went to press the 'Mute All' button but Edit lost connection with the X32 at the same moment. A mad dash to FOH was necessary.

The X32 sits in close proximity to HDMI adapters, PC screens, and about 13 Shure/Sennheiser wireless receivers. The power circuit the unit is plugged into has a dedicated breaker in the panel. What is causing the volume changes? Should I ask Care to swap out the mixer??

I'm new to the X32 - and after 4 weeks on the mixer I have an understanding on most everything, except global parameter safes. So, I'm concentrating on building the channel library first before getting crazy with running a bunch of scenes instead of simply mixing using my DCA's.

Any help with the volume issues would be great. Again, it is like a power surge of volume. I am having a hard time recreating the issue.

I'm

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: New X32 volume fluctuations

Looks like horrible wireless interferences.

Try to connect the laptop via ethernet-cable to check out what happens then!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Mine does this with an iPod hooked up to the RCA inputs... no remote at all... band on break, with all VCAs muted, Music goes way up, and mics start feeding back, and then stops just as fast as it started...any ideas?

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi @AndyPerrigo 

Welcome to the forum. Make sure the X32 is the master clock (Setup, global, synchronization -> Internal) and the S16 is in mode 1 or 2 (see here). The X32 eco-system has been reported doing weird things when the S16 is the master clock.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!