Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Newbie-please help w/X18 and saving scenes/snapshots!

Hello all,

I'm sure this has been posted numerous times, so apologies.

I have the X18 used with my ipad. I am in 4 different bands and would like to save settings for each band. I tried it once and then next time I turned it on, all settings were gone.

I've found videos saving it to a PC, but is it possible to just save it int he mixer or the app on my Ipad?

Thank you so much,
Jess
JessicaLiterman Contributor - Level 1 2018-05-08

2018-05-08

Newbie-please help w/X18 and saving scenes/snapshots!

Hello all,

I'm sure this has been posted numerous times, so apologies.

I have the X18 used with my ipad. I am in 4 different bands and would like to save settings for each band. I tried it once and then next time I turned it on, all settings were gone.

I've found videos saving it to a PC, but is it possible to just save it int he mixer or the app on my Ipad?

Thank you so much,
Jess

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Newbie-please help w/X18 and saving scenes/snapshots!

Hello Jess and welcome to the forum.

You can save mixer settings as snapshots which are stored on the mixer itself. A mixer can store up to 64 snapshots. They are stored by number but can also be named. They save and recall almost instantly so are a good solution to working with multiple bands and/or venues.

This is easy to do with X-Air Edit on a PC (just click on the snapshots icon while connected to the XR) and can also be done with Mixing Station X-Air on an Android device.

I don't know if mixer snapshots can now be used with the iPad app. This app used to refer to settings stored on the iPad as snapshots where other apps call them scenes. I'm sure an iPad user will stop by to bring us up to date.
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for replying. I wasn't sure anyone was going to!

So if I save it with my PC, do I need to be connected to my PC each time to recall it? Again, sorry for my ignorance.

Jessica Literman;145607 wrote:
Thank you for replying. I wasn't sure anyone was going to!

So if I save it with my PC, do I need to be connected to my PC each time to recall it? Again, sorry for my ignorance.

Don't be sorry for your questions, Jess, it's a subject that confuses a lot of users. This forum exists so we can help each other with stuff like this.

Snapshots are stored on the XR itself. Scenes are stored on the controlling device (PC, tablet). Other than where they are stored, snapshots and scenes are essentially the same thing. A scene can only be recalled by the device on which is was saved but a snapshot can be recalled by any device that supports snapshot save/recall - and is connected to the XR. This includes PCs, Macs and Android tablets/phones. Now we just need an iPad user to tell us if the latest app also supports save/recall of mixer snapshots.

If the iPad app doesn't support mixer snapshots, you could still save the mixer settings on it as scenes. This would allow you to save and load the settings for each of your bands - but you would have to use the same iPad each time.
Triber Moderator

Rex Beckett;145629 wrote:
Now we just need an iPad user to tell us if the latest app also supports save/recall of mixer snapshots.

Yes it does. Smiley Wink
Michael Lapke

Thank you, Michael.

So now we can answer your original question, Jess: Yes you can save your mixer settings as internal snapshots using the iPad app.

It would also be sensible to save the settings locally on your iPad and/or a PC so that they could be transferred to another XR mixer if required.