Highlighted

No Sound from my X32 into Logic

Contributor - Level 2

Hi,

Imac 10.14.3

Logic Pro 10.4.4

Behringer X32 Producer Firmware 3.09

I'm getting sound into the X32 with a mic, but I'm not getting it into Logic. Logic does see the connection to the X32.

I tried changing the routing of the outputs , but I'm doing something wrong it seems. 

Is there a routing scheme that someone could post on how you set up the all the routing for the X32 in a recording setting?

Just to start, I would like to use the individual inputs of the X32 to go straight to the inputs on the DAW. And all the outputs of the DAW to go straight to the channel of the X32. 

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Re: No Sound from my X32 into Logic

Super Contributor - Level 2

Hi @altmanna ,

Welcome to the community.  The first thing to check is the microphone privacy settings in System Preferences.  

Go to System Preferences->Security & Privacy and click on Microphone on the left-hand side. Make sure Logic is listed and that you have a checkmark next to it.  "Microphone" is a general term that really means any input capable of listening for audio. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

Contributor - Level 2

Thank you Ken, I'll check on that.

Contributor - Level 2

Hi Ken,

I'm getting sound into Logic now. Thanks to you and Paul.

On home screen I have the inputs to Local 1-8 etc.

Aux in Remap to Card 1-2, why, I don't know? I guess to listen back on the Aux IN side?

The card out screen routing I have set to Local 1-8 etc.

Let's say I want the person in the isobooth to be able to hear themselves with independent levels. Do I send it from the DAW or from the Behringer? How would I set that up? Currently I have a mic coming in on channel 3 into logic. How do I set up an indivual output feed back to the singer without using the monitor phones,

Why is Behringer not providing example of routing images/maps situations so one can visually understand the routing set-ups. They do hook up diagrams, but don't add what the routing could/should be for that scenario. They do have 20 pages on fx though...

Thank you,

Andy

Valued Contributor - Level 2

@altmanna wrote:

Let's say I want the person in the isobooth to be able to hear themselves with independent levels. Do I send it from the DAW or from the Behringer?

I would send it from the X32. No latency that way.

How do I set up an indivual output feed back to the singer without using the monitor phones,

Which physical outputs (XLR, 1/4 inch) are connected to the indivual output back to the singer?

Contributor - Level 2

Hi Dave,

I have my snakes as follows: 

inputs 1-10 into Behringer. Specifically Input 3 for singer.

outputs 1-6 for returns.

output 4 for singer’s headphones.

i thought as much using direct return from the x32 to avoid latency.

your help is greatly appreciated!

have a nice weekend. 

Andy

Valued Contributor - Level 2

@altmanna You don't have to worry about latency with the X32. Everything (except USB) is super fast. 

For a monitor for output 4 (mono):  For simplicity, let's use Bus 4 which will default to XLR out 4. 

Select Bus 4, press the send on faders button.  When the send on faders button is illuminated, the channel faders send signal to Bus 4 and the Bus 4 fader controls overall volume. When send on faders button is deselected, channel faders control the mix to the main LR bus.