Roblof Volunteer Moderator 2017-02-10

2017-02-10

Official Bug Reporting thread for the v1.5.x release

Dear X-Air users,

As you may already know all X-Air apps were updated to v1.5 and a new v1.15 firmware.

Report any reproducible problems about specific v1.5 related issues here. Bug reports listed elsewhere may go unnoticed.

Please list all of the steps to reproduce an issue, even if they may seem obvious. Don't forget to list the technical details and setup useful to reproduce the issue.

Problems reported here may or may not be officially acknowledged, however all reports will be looked at.

It is important to keep this issues tracking thread as clean as possible so posts that deviate too much from the intention of this thread will be moved/deleted without any notice from the moderators to keep it as clean as possible.

If you are uncertain if something is a bug/issue or not you are encouraged to start and keep extended discussions of the specifics in a separate thread in the troubleshooting or feature request section of this forum and just include a link to that discussion in this thread with a brief summary.

Enjoy!

• 0 Kudos
  • 205 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Great

Michael Lapke;117409 wrote:
Hi Luis,

Getting right to the point - Yes when I say I 'quit' the app, I used the double-tap and swipe method which totally kills the app from running on the iPad. Smiley Wink

So we're both seeing the same thing, and I've already passed this along to our developers for consideration to be fixed in a future release. I'm happy to do that now that we're both understanding each other and indeed experiencing the same thing. Thanks for your patience in relaying this information to us, your support is much appreciated.

Great!

I'm happy as well helping from the other side here
Cheers,
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Official Bug Reporting thread for the v1.5.x release

Michael,
same here, when I restart the app, the last show is loaded.
No parameters of the running mix are changed. This means, no scene is recalled.

So, to reload the CUSTOM LAYERS, a reload of the show is sufficient, thus not changing parameters of the running mix, as this is only triggerd by calling a specific scene.
Behringer XR18, X Air iPad Air2, X-Air-Edit PC Windows 7, X Air Android
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X-Air Edit PC

Save Channel Preset

HEADAMP and INSERT settings are missing.
This can be checked by opening the respective *.chn file.

The Line
/headamp/01 +0.0 OFF
/insert OFF OFF
that you can find in a stored scene is not saved. This can be on purpose for the INSERT data, as this would require to save FX settings at the same time.

Channel Insert FXSLOT
The Channel Insert slot can not be reset to "OFF"
The value "OFF" does not get transmitted to an iPad connected to the same device and when a SCENE is saved after e.g. resetting from Fx1A to OFF, the value Fx1A can be found in the *.scn file.

LR / BUS DYNAMICS Icon above main fader
When between LR and busses, the DYNAMICS Icon above the fader resembles the satus of the dynamics that were changed the latest. It does not show the status of the dynamics of the actual LR / Bus.

To check:
1. activate LR by clicking on LR scribble strip
2. adjust dynamics (indication changes)
3. activate a bus (indication of last changes is still present)
4. make changes to dynamics of selected bus (indication changes)
5. activate LR (indication still resembles status of last changed bus)

iPad X-Air

Save / Load Channel Preset
HEADAMP and INSERT settings are not saved / reloaded.
To check
1. save a scene
2. change phantom power, analog input gain and FX Insert slot.
3. save preset
4. load scene
5. check phantom, gain and FX Insert status
6. load channel preset
7. check phantom, gain and FX Insert status

Loading the scene will effect these settings as expected.
Loading the preset will not change the setttings to the value present when saving the preset.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Ulf
Behringer XR18, X Air iPad Air2, X-Air-Edit PC Windows 7, X Air Android
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Ulf Boettcher;117577 wrote:
X-Air Edit PC

Save Channel Preset

HEADAMP and INSERT settings are missing.
This can be checked by opening the respective *.chn file.

The headamps are not part of the channel settings which is why they are not saved with a channel preset - the headamp is attached directly to the corresponding physical hardware input, but the channel strip can be attached to any headamp by changing the input routing.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X Air iPad. Bug with the EQ graphic representation.

Wrong EQ curves graphic representation.
First:
We have 2 types of parametric EQ.
VEQ - wider band
PEQ - narrower band

It is PC App EQ graphic representation.

And same EQ curve on iPad

As you can see on Ipad App VEQ is narrower than PEQ. It is totally wrong.

UPDATE: Thanks for pointing this out Vladimir, I had not seen this previously. I'll be sure to try to replicate this on an X AIR in our office. If I'm able to confirm the same thing then I'll gladly pass this along to our developers so they can look into why this is happening and address it properly. -ML
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

x air edit v1.5 incorrect input window on inputs

Hello,
Do you know that in edit v1.5 when you select channels 13-16 and click on Input, it shows [OFF] for channels 13-16 in the pull down selection for Analog Input.
Version 1.3 looks correct. Looks like code for that screen is specific to XR12.
I cannot capture the pull down list.

UPDATE: Thank you for pointing this out Dennis, we are aware that this is happening. Although channels 13-16 appear as [OFF] they actually still correspond to each correct channel (First [OFF] is channel 13, the next one below that is 14, then 15 and 16.) Our developers are saying this will be fixed in a future X AIR EDIT update. -ML
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

iPad battery

Geraldo Santos;117291 wrote:
Anyone else noticed that the battery of the iPad is draining faster with this new update?

Yes, that's true!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Dennis Kingsbury;117749 wrote:
Hello,
Do you know that in edit v1.5 when you select channels 13-16 and click on Input, it shows [OFF] for channels 13-16 in the pull down selection for Analog Input.
Version 1.3 looks correct. Looks like code for that screen is specific to XR12.
I cannot capture the pull down list.

UPDATE: Thank you for pointing this out Dennis, we are aware that this is happening. Although channels 13-16 appear as [OFF] they actually still correspond to each correct channel (First [OFF] is channel 13, the next one below that is 14, then 15 and 16.) Our developers are saying this will be fixed in a future X AIR EDIT update. -ML

I figured you knew, and so far it hasn't hurt but thinking there might be code attached that doesn't work on XR16, so that's why I posted.
Thanks, love the mixer.
Dennis
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

As far as I can tell actual routing of Chan 13 - 16 on an XR16 is still possible via the Routing page. So it shouldn't pose any operational difficulties.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Same here, but it is an old history

Vladimir Mekhnin;117739 wrote:
Wrong EQ curves graphic representation.
First:
We have 2 types of parametric EQ.
VEQ - wider band
PEQ - narrower band

It is PC App EQ graphic representation.

And same EQ curve on iPad

As you can see on Ipad App VEQ is narrower than PEQ. It is totally wrong.

UPDATE: Thanks for pointing this out Vladimir, I had not seen this previously. I'll be sure to try to replicate this on an X AIR in our office. If I'm able to confirm the same thing then I'll gladly pass this along to our developers so they can look into why this is happening and address it properly. -ML

Yeah, same here.
But as I mentioned in the title, this is a long history.
In the older versions the VEQ and PEQ were swapped in the ipad app. i.e. If you choose VEQ on iPad it actually selected the PEQ and vice versa.

So I was so happy that they have fixed it that I ignored the representation issue, but good working spotting this Smiley Very Happy

Cheers