Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Online petition for Access Virus plug in

@edit: sign for the petition here!

http://www.petitiononline.com/VIRUSTCP/petition.html

someone who has english as his native language,should start an online petition/open letter for Access music, writing down how the situation is and how unacceptable is for a 400 euro plug in to not work as expected. (especially the problems with crashing, syncing and multilicense virus). i'm not talking for specific minor bugs that someone might have but for the REALLY IRRITATING bugs WE ALL HAVE no matter our platform (mac/pc) or sequencer of choice. in the end he should insist demanding for a fair solution (fix the code,or write at your website that it has incompatibilities or partial refund ) and leave a hint that we might take them to the court* if things stay as they are.

a well written petition could easily have 500+ signatures and create internet buzz.

*so desparate i am Smiley Happy

ps: i believe that in this case is not TC's fault, access music treat us as second class citizens and ignore all our requests in order to promote their hardware synths. but Tc ,as their partner, could push the things to the right direction...
powercore unplugged pci ,2xUAD-1(in expansion chassis) apogee duet mac pro (4x2.66,4gb ram) osx 10.5.3,logic 8.02
Tags (1)
laxano007 Contributor - Level 2 2008-09-11

2008-09-11

Online petition for Access Virus plug in

@edit: sign for the petition here!

http://www.petitiononline.com/VIRUSTCP/petition.html

someone who has english as his native language,should start an online petition/open letter for Access music, writing down how the situation is and how unacceptable is for a 400 euro plug in to not work as expected. (especially the problems with crashing, syncing and multilicense virus). i'm not talking for specific minor bugs that someone might have but for the REALLY IRRITATING bugs WE ALL HAVE no matter our platform (mac/pc) or sequencer of choice. in the end he should insist demanding for a fair solution (fix the code,or write at your website that it has incompatibilities or partial refund ) and leave a hint that we might take them to the court* if things stay as they are.

a well written petition could easily have 500+ signatures and create internet buzz.

*so desparate i am Smiley Happy

ps: i believe that in this case is not TC's fault, access music treat us as second class citizens and ignore all our requests in order to promote their hardware synths. but Tc ,as their partner, could push the things to the right direction...

• 0 Kudos
  • 269 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Online petition for Access Virus plug in

In which case, can we just have a quick round up of problems so that we can make an exact statement about them, otherwise I'm concerned that the petition might be considered vague or wishy-washy.

Mine - Arp / Delay timing issues
Plug in often causes crackles in audio (even when not playing) unless buffer is increased to rediculous lengths
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Mainly timing issues.

If I set up a very simple 4/4 kick drum in Cubase, before long it's out of time with everything else. I don't use the arp.

BTW - I've tried to work through this with an Access guy who basically said he didn't believe me.

Either they're in denial, or they're deliberately trying to ignore the issues.

It's been 2 steps forward, one step back with Poco Virus for me. I solve one problem and another crops up.

Here's my communication with Marc at Access (mainly covering the issue I was having with CPU usage going through the roof):

http://virusti.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=2961&s=8e8bc1f16b94f93dfacb4ccac910035e
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

laxano007 wrote:

Yup I paid 700 dollars 3 years ago to a TC STORE, so TC has their responsability. for me the 3 main bugs are:

01_ Timing issues: Lfo, arp, osc sync are not stable at all and vary during time, wich make sync sound impossible to achieve.

02_ Patches isssue: The PGM change don't work for user patchs wich is awesome, it works for a ghost bank unaccessible. Any VST Synth support user patch PGM change.
(but it seems im the only one that make it's own patches here????)

03_ The Ring modulator doesn't work as expected (doesn't work at alll in page 3)

04_ Lost of sync with poco hardware (less than before but still there).

If this thread is active, when we will found how to speech our request Im ok to lauch the petition, for ACCESS and for TC. we don't have any chance dealing with access, We should attack TC, THEY SOLD US THIS PLUG, it's on TC SITE, not access, then it's Tc job to deal with access.
MBP 2.3 W7 touch--TC FW X8--TC fried conga X4--TC konnekt24D korg Zero 8, abl live, sensomusic usine.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Is there anyone in Denmark who can personally hand TC the petition?
2008 Apple Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 12GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8, Cubase 7, Audio Interface(s): t.c. e Studio Konnekt 48 w/ Remote, TC Near V2.5, Synths: Access Virus TI|2 Polar Version 4.5.3.00, NI Maschine MK2, DSP PowerCore X8, UAudio UAD2 Duo [PCIe], dynaudio BM5A Compact
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

23fx23 wrote:
we don't have any chance dealing with access, We should attack TC, THEY SOLD US THIS PLUG, it's on TC SITE, not access, then it's Tc job to deal with access.

it would very kind of you if you could make it but please let me disagree with your opinion that it's tc's fault. they have already released their own synth emulation of the sh101 (their 01 mono synth) and the software version of novation's a-station,the v-station. none of these has any serious problem,so irritating that you can't actually work,as the virus.

as i had the chance to have for some weeks a virus ti ,two years ago,when it was in it's 1.xx version ,i know that all of these timing/syncing hell were there,in their ti plug in too. as i hear, they have fixed it by now,and it's very reliable. they should make the same for poco too

ps:there is a protools hd virus poco,run on the same dsp chips. does anyone know if it has the same problems?
powercore unplugged pci ,2xUAD-1(in expansion chassis) apogee duet mac pro (4x2.66,4gb ram) osx 10.5.3,logic 8.02
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Im ok to think that the Pb comes from the core pgm issues made by access, but I bought this to a Tc store, according to me access don't care at all about my problem, (I made several request: they don't care, really) but I bought this to Tc, so Tc didn't respect what they were (and still are )annoncing on their ******* html pages, I don't care it's their problem to deal with Access and fix the problem, otherwise we are in right to attack them.... If I had bought this s h i t an access site, I would attack access...
MBP 2.3 W7 touch--TC FW X8--TC fried conga X4--TC konnekt24D korg Zero 8, abl live, sensomusic usine.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

It would seem to me that third party synth plugins, in general are being ignored / dumped. But why do they continue to advertise and sell them?

Lets see....

Based on Access Music’s award-winning Virus Indigo hardware synthesizer, Virus|PowerCore offers sixteen voices with three main oscillators, two filters, three LFOs and two envelopes for every voice. If you're lucky enough to get it working.

The V-Station|PowerCore - built on the award winning K-Station from Novation - comes with three powerful oscillators providing all the classic waveforms, including a sine wave for those sub-bass floor-shaking grooves, but not for mactel users....

Damn.
Mac Pro Late 2013, 64 GB RAM, Mac OS Sierra, Logic X, UAD Apollo Duo&Quad Thunderbolt 2, Powercore FW.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

As soon as we clarify the message, we can post a petition here

http://www.petitiononline.com/

Also anybody here knows about Laws, layer? Im actually searching people that could help us bring them to justice. We really need to make the BuZZ! Im so fed up with that, we all need compensation.

We also need to be ok with what we are asking for:

Refund, partial refund, exange or vouncher?

even If I would prefer refund, I think we'd better ask for a vouncher equivalent to how much we paid (400 euros single license, 750 euros unlimited in my case), Tc has made some plugz, It then doesn't cost them too much to give us a voucher for a plugin we anyway would never buy with the experience we all had...

It's a shame we need to do that, Tc should have gave us a vouncher a long time ago...
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

i am IN!
Majdi Dhissi, MOTU 828mk3, Poco FW x 2, Poco express PCIe, Virus Poco multi, Cubase 6.5,Nord Lead X2, Nord Modular G1, Waldorf Q, Waldorf Microwave XT, Waldorf Pulse, JX8P, MS2000, DSI Evolver, DSI Mopho, UAD1x2, UAD2x2,Focusrite Liquid Mix, SSL Duende, Digimax FSx2 http://soundcloud.com/majdidhissi
    Go to page