Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

P16i Latency

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had the Latency specs when using the ADAT inputs of the p16i , and of course using a p16m station for monitoring in the studio. I am aware that using the adat inputs skips the AD section of the p16i. I am also aware that the published latency specs are 0.9ms latency , but I believe that spec is going through the AD converters of the p16i. I am curious to know what final latency is skipping the ad ...

I also wanted to note that I am using a protools hdx system with a hd io 16x16 as an interface which actually has SMUX adat outputs. I do run sessions at 96k from time to time, and I know this has probably not been discussed, but I have confirmed that the p16i does work at 96k , and I have even tested it at 88.2 176.4 and 192k in addition with success. It does lower the channel count depending on sample rate though, But it does work! Even at higher sample rates I can create cue mixes within protools via a protools stereo bus and have ipad control of the mix via Protools control app, thus just using the p16i and p16m as a stereo headphone amp solution at higher sample rates.

Any insight about the latency would be greatly appreciated! I know it is a very minimal amount but I'd love to have that info

thanks!
Tags (1)
NickAndrews Contributor - Level 2 2019-01-23

2019-01-23

P16i Latency

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had the Latency specs when using the ADAT inputs of the p16i , and of course using a p16m station for monitoring in the studio. I am aware that using the adat inputs skips the AD section of the p16i. I am also aware that the published latency specs are 0.9ms latency , but I believe that spec is going through the AD converters of the p16i. I am curious to know what final latency is skipping the ad ...

I also wanted to note that I am using a protools hdx system with a hd io 16x16 as an interface which actually has SMUX adat outputs. I do run sessions at 96k from time to time, and I know this has probably not been discussed, but I have confirmed that the p16i does work at 96k , and I have even tested it at 88.2 176.4 and 192k in addition with success. It does lower the channel count depending on sample rate though, But it does work! Even at higher sample rates I can create cue mixes within protools via a protools stereo bus and have ipad control of the mix via Protools control app, thus just using the p16i and p16m as a stereo headphone amp solution at higher sample rates.

Any insight about the latency would be greatly appreciated! I know it is a very minimal amount but I'd love to have that info

thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies