Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Pb Mute/Mute groups on X Air Edit

Hi,

Facing bug latency and consistency issues both with groups and mute groups.
- Sometimes no sound whereas track is unmuted, sometime the opposite. Most latency on mute main combined with other mute groups
- It takes sometimes several seconds for mute toggle color and behavoir whereas all other fonctions, some being heavy such as EQ or Compression or simply faders react work good at the same time where mute issue occurs.
- it seems problem is worse when using mute groups (7 drum channels MG1, 3 mic channels MG2, 6 instrument channels MG3)

Same behaviors on 2 different powerful Mac Book Pros.

Consequence is that we stopped using mute functions for last 2 gigs and used faders and DCAs instead. Rest works fine,

Thanks for any help,
Pat
PatrickHudelot Contributor - Level 2 2018-10-24

2018-10-24

Pb Mute/Mute groups on X Air Edit

Hi,

Facing bug latency and consistency issues both with groups and mute groups.
- Sometimes no sound whereas track is unmuted, sometime the opposite. Most latency on mute main combined with other mute groups
- It takes sometimes several seconds for mute toggle color and behavoir whereas all other fonctions, some being heavy such as EQ or Compression or simply faders react work good at the same time where mute issue occurs.
- it seems problem is worse when using mute groups (7 drum channels MG1, 3 mic channels MG2, 6 instrument channels MG3)

Same behaviors on 2 different powerful Mac Book Pros.

Consequence is that we stopped using mute functions for last 2 gigs and used faders and DCAs instead. Rest works fine,

Thanks for any help,
Pat

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Pb Mute/Mute groups on X Air Edit

Hi Pat,

Welcome to the forum. This sounds like a wifi latency issue. Are you by chance trying to use the MR18 internal wifi? If so, go out and purchase a good dual band (AC) wifi router and use that with your MR18. And if at all possible, use the 5Ghz band. I have been using my MR18 (and the brother XR18) and X32 Rack with DLink dual band routers and do not experience any latency with groups or mute groups, and I average 60+ events per year.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you Paul, I use an old Linksys WRT54G single band 2,4Gz. This week-end I lost both MR 18 and DBX Driverack PA2 (this guy was connected via ethernet cable to router) . Both a ipad and mac book pro lost the connection so definitely unstable network. I will change router for dual band with 5ghz and resume testing.

I also disabled sleep time from mac book pro to avoid connection loss.

Thanks for your kind answer so far
Contributor - Level 2

I am aiming at D-LINK Dir 878 ac1900 Exo Smart Beam Router Gigabit unless someone as a recommendation for a very stable dual band router.
Moreover I will order a 20mm Cat6 cable in case of challenging wireless conditions.

Any opinion ?

Pat
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Pat,

All of my routers are D-Link. Currently the ones I use most are the DIR-822 which provides good solid signal at quite a good distance, even on the 5Ghz. But the DIR-878 should also work well.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!