Contributor - Level 1

Please help can't recording with headphones

Hi, this problem got me frustrated I can't solve it.

So I've recorded a backing track, I can't play+record vocal over AND hear it?

I have a bhringer audio interface cost £100 but it doesn't say 'direct monitoring' it has a and b monitoring?

I'm using audacity and when I go to play song and record vocal and hear myself it won't work?

It not easy to Google such long questions, do I need a compressor?

It goes grey and some red line appears on side, help is very appreciated I'm 29 and not great on pcs, thanks in advance

Adamdavidson25 Contributor - Level 1 2019-09-09

2019-09-09

Please help can't recording with headphones

Hi, this problem got me frustrated I can't solve it.

So I've recorded a backing track, I can't play+record vocal over AND hear it?

I have a bhringer audio interface cost £100 but it doesn't say 'direct monitoring' it has a and b monitoring?

I'm using audacity and when I go to play song and record vocal and hear myself it won't work?

It not easy to Google such long questions, do I need a compressor?

It goes grey and some red line appears on side, help is very appreciated I'm 29 and not great on pcs, thanks in advance

Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: Please help can't recording with headphones

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the community.  In order to help you, we'll need to know the model of the audio interface you purchased.  Also, I don't recommend Audacity for what you are trying to do.  While you can do it with Audacity, there's problems with keeping the audio of the separate track in sync. You should have received a redemption code for a free copy of Tracktion Waveform. We should be able to help you get that working. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver