Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

PoCo FW and Mojave

Hi all,

So glad to see things are alive still! and huge respect for the guys continuing to keep it alive!!

I am struggling to keep up with usual apple updates and anomalies attached. I am quite happy with Yosemite, but Logic, FULL of bugs, is no longer updatable with Yosemite, so I need to update OS and the only option is Mojave.
The last time i followed the guide for Yosemite, I had to do the small terminal hack.
If I follow the latest guidelines in the sticky, will this work with Mojave?

I plan on creating a clone drive of my current Yosemite system and then updating the clone to test it out so I don't irreversibly ruin my working, but slightly dated system. Any other tips or experiences?

Thanks
MAC PRO 5.1, 12 core (2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon), 24GB RAM Logic X 10.2.4 OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 PoCo FW 4.3 (WORKING)
Tags (1)
FQ-400 Contributor - Level 2 2018-11-15

2018-11-15

PoCo FW and Mojave

Hi all,

So glad to see things are alive still! and huge respect for the guys continuing to keep it alive!!

I am struggling to keep up with usual apple updates and anomalies attached. I am quite happy with Yosemite, but Logic, FULL of bugs, is no longer updatable with Yosemite, so I need to update OS and the only option is Mojave.
The last time i followed the guide for Yosemite, I had to do the small terminal hack.
If I follow the latest guidelines in the sticky, will this work with Mojave?

I plan on creating a clone drive of my current Yosemite system and then updating the clone to test it out so I don't irreversibly ruin my working, but slightly dated system. Any other tips or experiences?

Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: PoCo FW and Mojave

Mojave? hmmm my advice would be to install Sierra instead. MacOS 10.12.6 is a very stable OS for sound apps (I'm a primary DP user with some Logic raids), and very importante it works flawlessly with PoCo FW.
Jose MacPro 3.33Ghz Hexacore/ 32Gb/ macOS 10.12.6/ RME PCIAiO/ Lucid ADA 8824/ Preamp TAMPA/ Motif rack XS / Console 1 mkII / PoCo fw / Yamaha MSP10 studio || Digital Performer 10 / LogicPor X / Nuendo 8 / FCPX || favorite plugins: VSS3, Tap Factory, DVR, Izotope, Softube console emulations
Contributor - Level 2

I have forgotten to write this: macOS 10.12 and 10.13 are currently available in apple web site. Look for in tech support page you'll find them there
Jose MacPro 3.33Ghz Hexacore/ 32Gb/ macOS 10.12.6/ RME PCIAiO/ Lucid ADA 8824/ Preamp TAMPA/ Motif rack XS / Console 1 mkII / PoCo fw / Yamaha MSP10 studio || Digital Performer 10 / LogicPor X / Nuendo 8 / FCPX || favorite plugins: VSS3, Tap Factory, DVR, Izotope, Softube console emulations
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,
I too had a stable Powercore Compact under MacOS "Sierra" and now it's also stable on MacOS 'Mojave"
2013 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz i5 - 24GB Ram - 500GB SSD - MacOS "Mojave" MOTU DP 9.5 - Presonus Studio One 4 - Harrison MixBus 5 Powerore Compact - Sound Radix 32 Lives - jBridgeM
Contributor - Level 1

Keep in mind that ... MacOS 'Mojave" will be that last MacOS to support 32bit Software and Hardware.

Here is some info from Apple about your MacPro 5,1 ...

Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on Mac Pro (Mid 2010) and Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
Learn how to prepare your Mac Pro (Mid 2010) or Mac Pro (Mid 2012) for macOS Mojave.

macOS Mojave requires a graphics card that supports Metal, an Apple technology that lets the system and apps efficiently tap into the capabilities of today’s graphics processors (GPUs). The graphics cards offered by Apple in Mac Pro (Mid 2010) and Mac Pro (Mid 2012) don't have GPUs that support Metal, so these systems require upgraded graphics cards in order to install macOS Mojave.
Before you upgrade to macOS Mojave on these Mac Pro models, you need to update to macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and then make sure that your graphics card is compatible. You also need to turn off FileVault.
2013 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz i5 - 24GB Ram - 500GB SSD - MacOS "Mojave" MOTU DP 9.5 - Presonus Studio One 4 - Harrison MixBus 5 Powerore Compact - Sound Radix 32 Lives - jBridgeM
Contributor - Level 1

Hi there OnPhire
At present I am running my poco on a late 2012 Mac Mini and a 2013 macbk pro both on Sierra.
I am using the bridge 32Lives And everything is very stable.
If you are saying that Mojave is the last operating system that will work with 32 bit software,
then will a bridge such as 32Lives get around that for the foreseeable future?
Contributor - Level 2

you'd really have to ask the developer of 32Lives that question.