Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Problem with UMC204HD

Hi guys. Got a new audio interface: Behringer UMC204HD and it works fine except for one problem. I plugged my monitors into it with balanced cables, and plugged a subwoofer into one of the playback outputs.
Before, when all of this was going straight into my desktop, the drivers realized that I plugged a sub in, and automatically adjusted the crossover frequency. However, now all the frequency content is going into both the monitors and the subwoofer, making everything sound muddy and terrible. What can I do?
DanielLengyel Contributor - Level 2 07-20-2018

07-20-2018

Problem with UMC204HD

Hi guys. Got a new audio interface: Behringer UMC204HD and it works fine except for one problem. I plugged my monitors into it with balanced cables, and plugged a subwoofer into one of the playback outputs.
Before, when all of this was going straight into my desktop, the drivers realized that I plugged a sub in, and automatically adjusted the crossover frequency. However, now all the frequency content is going into both the monitors and the subwoofer, making everything sound muddy and terrible. What can I do?

Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: Problem with UMC204HD

Daniel Lengyel;149405 wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the forums. What DAW are you using?

You could create a stereo track and send it to PB1/2 with a high-pass filter at your desired crossover frequency. Then you'd send the same stereo track to PB3 but combine it as MONO and add a low-pass filter for the SUB channel. You'll likely need to stack a few filters in series to get a steep enough roll-off.

As an alternative you could add an external crossover to the Main Out LR path and attach your monitors and sub there. Something like a Rolls SX45 would do the job.

Hope this helps,
Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver