Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Problems with brand new EQP-KT

I just got a Klark Teknik EQP-KT with really bad intermittent noise problems.  I assume it is the tube, but am not opening it up because it is brand new and I don't want to possibly void the warranty.

I opened a support ticket two days ago but have gotten no response.  Is there a better way (like a phone number) to actually get support here?

This is not giving me a lot of faith in the long-standing concerns of Behringer-related brands' build quality or customer support.

unclewoody Contributor - Level 1 2020-01-23

2020-01-23

Problems with brand new EQP-KT

I just got a Klark Teknik EQP-KT with really bad intermittent noise problems.  I assume it is the tube, but am not opening it up because it is brand new and I don't want to possibly void the warranty.

I opened a support ticket two days ago but have gotten no response.  Is there a better way (like a phone number) to actually get support here?

This is not giving me a lot of faith in the long-standing concerns of Behringer-related brands' build quality or customer support.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Problems with brand new EQP-KT

I have something similar with a new Klark Teknik KT2A compressor. Problems right out of the box. Crackling,  meter problem, no compression. And I'm hearing others have similar issues  Doesn't bode well. 

ms j j Maidman
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Problems with brand new EQP-KT

I ended up opening the unit and found it was a bad tube.  As the unit isn't significantly secure in its packaging, I assume tubes can frequently can get banged up in shipping. 

I believe the KT2A has four tubes, so worth swapping if you the right ones...