Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Questions about licensing and Virus MultiDSP

Hello. Some questions here (I am an X8 user).

1.- I got recently across an old backup of mine; in order to put my X8 into work which was holding dust in the closet (hehe), in an old-spec’d XP system. I had both XP and Mac installers for my (licensed, of course) Virus MultiDSP, but it somehow seems it’s older than the version (maybe not MultiDSP?) installed previously with the 4.something general PowerCore install. So now I am left with the doubt: does the 4.x installer include a MultiDSP version of the Virus plug-in that works in case one has the proper license, or should I need to update my MultiDSP installer/s (if any available)? In this second case, how can I go with it, since in my TÍ account it doesn’t seem there is any link for downloading updated version of MultiDSP installer?

2.- Having noticed that customers PowerCore accounts will be disabled any time soon, I am planning on buying “used” licenses for some items that I still don’t own, e.g. the Harmony4, or the MD3 (btw, I really don’t warm up to the idea of waiting for Native versions thereof). So, how does all this transfering licenses stuff work? And, is there any PowerCore user out there who maybe is reading this and holds a Harmony4, MD3, or Assimilator license to sell?

I am really grateful for this forum and the preserving work it represents. Great value indeed!

So, hope I can find some answers to these. Have a great day and thanks for reading!

Purposeful.Audio
Tags (1)
purposeful_audi Contributor - Level 1 2017-10-17

2017-10-17

Questions about licensing and Virus MultiDSP

Hello. Some questions here (I am an X8 user).

1.- I got recently across an old backup of mine; in order to put my X8 into work which was holding dust in the closet (hehe), in an old-spec’d XP system. I had both XP and Mac installers for my (licensed, of course) Virus MultiDSP, but it somehow seems it’s older than the version (maybe not MultiDSP?) installed previously with the 4.something general PowerCore install. So now I am left with the doubt: does the 4.x installer include a MultiDSP version of the Virus plug-in that works in case one has the proper license, or should I need to update my MultiDSP installer/s (if any available)? In this second case, how can I go with it, since in my TÍ account it doesn’t seem there is any link for downloading updated version of MultiDSP installer?

2.- Having noticed that customers PowerCore accounts will be disabled any time soon, I am planning on buying “used” licenses for some items that I still don’t own, e.g. the Harmony4, or the MD3 (btw, I really don’t warm up to the idea of waiting for Native versions thereof). So, how does all this transfering licenses stuff work? And, is there any PowerCore user out there who maybe is reading this and holds a Harmony4, MD3, or Assimilator license to sell?

I am really grateful for this forum and the preserving work it represents. Great value indeed!

So, hope I can find some answers to these. Have a great day and thanks for reading!

Purposeful.Audio

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Questions about licensing and Virus MultiDSP

the virus multi-dsp was a separate installer from the standard powercore software suite. if you dont have a backup of that separate installer file then you're out of luck unfortunately, and TC will not provide you with one as apparently that used a different licensing server which was taken offline some time ago. a few other plugins like waldorf d-coder used this system as well and they are also out of luck on getting licensed installers.

regarding buying licenses, in order to do so, you'd need to have the plugins transferred to your powercore account and assigned to a card in your account prior to 12/31/17. If its after that date, you will be out of luck. the only way to acquire plugin licenses will be to buy the hardware that it is licensed to and connecting it to your computer. powercore hardware is not computer-dependent, the plugin license is bound to the powercore hardware. after 12/31 your only option will be to buy the hardware with the license.
if its before 12/31, there's a small fee involved per-plugin ($20 USD) to have it transferred to your account. if you want to transfer an entire device, the fee is $30.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Questions about licensing and Virus MultiDSP

Hi, thank you, fortunately I still have located the MultiDSP installer, my question was whether they issued most recent versions since the MultiDSP installer I own happens to be older than the newest (general) virus installer version/s.

Regarding the plugins, where do they sell it? Since it doesn’t look like there is any way to buy plugins licenses individually, does it?

Thanks again for the insight