Contributor - Level 1

Questions about routing the Behringer XR18 in Ableton Live on MacOS

Hello everyone,,

I just got the XR18 mixer, but I'm not sure how to set it up properly and if my idea possible, I have two main questions:
marketing strategy for apps
1. I use line input 1 / 18 for inputs, and I would like main L/R to be my output. How do I set this up in Ableton Live, as I can only select line input 1/ 18 as inputs / outputs? My monitor speakers use XLR, so I have to use main L/R. Would I need the X-Air software for this?

2. My other question, is it possible to hear inputs from line 1/18 out main L/R without having to connect the USB? 

Wanheda Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-14

2019-08-14

Questions about routing the Behringer XR18 in Ableton Live on MacOS

Hello everyone,,

I just got the XR18 mixer, but I'm not sure how to set it up properly and if my idea possible, I have two main questions:
marketing strategy for apps
1. I use line input 1 / 18 for inputs, and I would like main L/R to be my output. How do I set this up in Ableton Live, as I can only select line input 1/ 18 as inputs / outputs? My monitor speakers use XLR, so I have to use main L/R. Would I need the X-Air software for this?

2. My other question, is it possible to hear inputs from line 1/18 out main L/R without having to connect the USB? 

Contributor - Level 2

Re: Questions about routing the Behringer XR18 in Ableton Live on MacOS

1. You need to set a couple of channels as the USB return from your computer. Open X Air Edit, and for example set channel 17-18 (aka Aux) as USB returns. In the routing matrix, you can connect those to USB Return 1-2, this should be the default output of your DAW.

In case you really use all 18 inputs, you can still directly connect a pair of USB returns directly to a pair of outputs in the routing matrix, but you won't have volume control on these within the console.

2. No, the audio is transferred to/from the computer only over USB. The network connexion is only for control of the mixer.