Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

REQUEST: Guitar Tuner

I would imagine this shouldn't be too difficult to implement. Would be great to be able to tap on an input and see a tuner. Perfect for our bass player who goes directly into the X Air.

Cheers!
Kevin2 Contributor - Level 2 2018-05-15

2018-05-15

REQUEST: Guitar Tuner

I would imagine this shouldn't be too difficult to implement. Would be great to be able to tap on an input and see a tuner. Perfect for our bass player who goes directly into the X Air.

Cheers!

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: REQUEST: Guitar Tuner

Why would the bass player need a tuner, surely the band tunes to him? (mine does)

Smiley TongueSmiley Tongue

Seriously though, seems like a reasonable idea

Happy Tuesday from the Brecon Beacons
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, a chromatic tuner would be very useful.

I guess the simplest way to implement it would be a new mode for the RTA utility window. There you can already affect it to any channel or solo, and it already does all the FFT you need.

A nice big display of the current note name and red arrows, green square that can be seen from the other end of the stage, and you're good to go!

Rock Star - Level 1

I must admit that I haven't done sound for a live band in a while but I used to just throw an instance of ReaTune on the USB input for the bass player and put the plug-in on a separate monitor full-screen. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 12.30.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-08 at 12.30.46 PM.png

Of course, this assumes you have a DAW running during setup and sound check. Since I also used a tone generator and pink noise generator plug-in during setup that was a given for me. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver