Highlighted

Reaper DAW recording only Input 1 but not Input 2 of UMC204

Contributor - Level 1
In my Reaper DAW software, I can't get it to record 2 tracks simultaneously when I have cords plugged into both Input 1 and Input 2. I can hear on my headphones as I'm recording it live the items going in both inputs. However, when I play it back, I learn that the DAW software through the USB is only recognizing (and playing back) the sound that comes through Input 1.....And this happens regardless of whether the mono/stereo is pressed or depressed, either way.....So basically, it's like Input #2 is worthless.

Searching the forums and help section and general settings of my DAW, I'm not able to find an answer or solution to this issue.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Reaper DAW recording only Input 1 but not Input 2 of UMC204

Contributor - Level 2
Have you configured the setup within reaper in the correct way?
Are you on win?
reaper preferences - Audio - Device - ASIO ...
Play with the record monitoring buttons in each track: will you see any incoming signal?
You can hear in your headphone because of direct monitoring.
Do you know the very friendly reaper forum?
horst

Re: Reaper DAW recording only Input 1 but not Input 2 of UMC204

Super Contributor - Level 2
Horst Siegert;158592 wrote:
Have you configured the setup within reaper in the correct way?
Are you on win?
reaper preferences - Audio - Device - ASIO ...
Play with the record monitoring buttons in each track: will you see any incoming signal?
You can hear in your headphone because of direct monitoring.
Do you know the very friendly reaper forum?
horst

Hi Joel,

I answered this in another thread but I'll post it here as well.

Make sure your track is a stereo track and that you have both input 1 and 2 selected as inputs to the track.

As a secondary test, create 2x mono tracks and select input 1 for Trk1 and input 2 for Trk2.

One more thing... Make sure you are seeing the SIG LED on the 204HD light up for Input 2 while you are recording. This will tell you that you have a good signal level.

Hope this helps,
Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver