Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Reaper Transport Control for X32 Compact

Has anybody made a snippet to make the assignable buttons work the transport bar in Reaper? I don't want to use the desk in full DAW control mode as I only use Reaper as a sort of 'super tape recorder' and editor and track/mix everything in the X32.

Tags (1)
sam_spoons Contributor - Level 2 2019-02-08

2019-02-08

Reaper Transport Control for X32 Compact

Has anybody made a snippet to make the assignable buttons work the transport bar in Reaper? I don't want to use the desk in full DAW control mode as I only use Reaper as a sort of 'super tape recorder' and editor and track/mix everything in the X32.

• 0 Kudos
  • 12 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Reaper Transport Control for X32 Compact

Hi Sam,

The short answer to your question is - no, not that I'm aware of. But have you tried using Patrick's X32Reaper?
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

No I haven't, I assumed it was overkill for my use but I will give it a go. Thanks.
Contributor - Level 2

I think X32Reaper is Win and Rasberry Pi but no OSX version as yet. I am Mac only these days.....
Valued Contributor - Level 1

@sam_spoons wrote:
I think X32Reaper is Win and Rasberry Pi but no OSX version as yet. I am Mac only these days.....

Hi @sam_spoons , 

I think that's only because Patrick isn't a full-time Mac user. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you an OSX binary.  I just compiled it for Mac. 

My X32 Rack is on loan right now so I don't know if it works but this is what I get when I try to run it: 

X32Reaper - v2.65 - (c)2015 Patrick-Gilles Maillot

No resource file found

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Ken,

I know Patrick is not a Macs user and no criticism was intended. I will PM you and give your OSX version a try, thank you.

Sam.

Hi Sam, 

Didn't mean to imply anything. I just know that he does a lot more on Windows.  I just sent you an email with the binary. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Super Contributor - Level 1

Yes, part of X32Reaper.

https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32#TOC-X32Reaper

If not ready to use the full package, read the doc at least to ensure this is what you want (in terms of transport capabilities).

-Patrick

Super Contributor - Level 1

And BTW there's a Mac version too, compiled on my web_site: You download all Mac versions of the tools I built (that can run on a Mac) with a single zip file: X32mac.zip
"Other Platforms
Apple versions of all command-line mode programs running in a terminal window, compiled on a Mac book pro OS X HighSierra: X32mac. [updated Feb 26, 2019] "

@PatrickGMaillot wrote:
And BTW there's a Mac version too, compiled on my web_site: You download all Mac versions of the tools I built (that can run on a Mac) with a single zip file: X32mac.zip
"Other Platforms
Apple versions of all command-line mode programs running in a terminal window, compiled on a Mac book pro OS X HighSierra: X32mac. [updated Feb 26, 2019] "

Thanks Patrick.  I didn't look past the long list of Windows tools.  BTW, that juicy list of Windows tools almost makes me want to start using Windows again. Almost.  I'm going to definitely look at porting X32Commander and X32Midi2OSC to the XAir.  Any thoughts on using a cross-platform UI toolkit and MIDI library? Particularly something that would work on a RPi. 

Thanks again,

Ken