Contributor - Level 2

Recording on X-live

Hi Guys

I'm a new user and just added an X-32 live module to my X32 mixer. I want to be able to record and then over dub additional tracks. I can't find any info on how to do this from the Behringer website. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

chast Contributor - Level 2 2019-12-01

2019-12-01

Recording on X-live

Hi Guys

I'm a new user and just added an X-32 live module to my X32 mixer. I want to be able to record and then over dub additional tracks. I can't find any info on how to do this from the Behringer website. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Recording on X-live

@chast 

Hi Chas, welcome to the community.

The X-Live card can record up to 32 channels on SD cards - or to a PC via USB. The channels to be recorded are routed on the Routing -> Card tab. For example:

X32 Card Out.PNGThis routes local inputs 1-16 to USB 1-16 and stagebox inputs 1-16 to USB 17-32.

The SD card recorder can record or play but not both at the same time so direct overdubbing is not possible. You can overdub via USB using DAW software by record-arming only the tracks that you want to record - the unarmed tracks just play. You can also overdub by bouncing tracks between SD and USB or USB and SD.

If you tell us what you want to achieve we may be able to suggest a way to do it.

Contributor - Level 2

Hi Rexbeckett

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, that was what I was afraid would be the answer.

I am replacing a Tascam DP24 which allowed me to record literally one track at a time.

It sounds like I need a DAW software package. I am looking at Pro tools which seems to be a standard in the industry. What are your thoughts?

Chast

Super Contributor - Level 2

@chast wrote:

Hi Rexbeckett

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, that was what I was afraid would be the answer.

I am replacing a Tascam DP24 which allowed me to record literally one track at a time.

It sounds like I need a DAW software package. I am looking at Pro tools which seems to be a standard in the industry. What are your thoughts?

Chast

@chast 

ProTools is very well regarded as a professional DAW. There are also many happy users of Reaper - and you can try it free for 60 days. 

You may also be interested in Patrick Maillot's X32XLive_Wav tool which can separate X-Live SD sessions into individual wav tracks.

Contributor - Level 2

Hi Rexbeckett

Thanks for the help. I will check these options out.

Chast