Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Recording with Q802USB and ACID Music Studio 9

Hi

I've just bought a Q802USB and ACID Music Studio 9 in order to do some recording. Having some issues monitoring. Should I be able to directly monitor what I am recording? Because I can't.

If I lay down a drum track in ACID and press the 'USB to Main Mix' button I can play the drum track and hear myself playing guitar over the top, but I cannot record the guitar track - ACID will just record a blank track. If i press the 'USB to Phones/CTRL RM' button instead, I can hear the drum track and ACID will record the guitar track but I cannot hear it. I can hear the guitar track if I turn on the software monitoring in ACID, but that has a small amount of latency, not a lot, but enough to make it rather off-putting. Why can I not directly monitor when recording? My friend has the same set up but with an Alesis Multi-Mix and he can directly monitor without any issues.

Thanks
Tags (1)
nigelorgan Contributor - Level 1 2013-05-13

2013-05-13

Recording with Q802USB and ACID Music Studio 9

Hi

I've just bought a Q802USB and ACID Music Studio 9 in order to do some recording. Having some issues monitoring. Should I be able to directly monitor what I am recording? Because I can't.

If I lay down a drum track in ACID and press the 'USB to Main Mix' button I can play the drum track and hear myself playing guitar over the top, but I cannot record the guitar track - ACID will just record a blank track. If i press the 'USB to Phones/CTRL RM' button instead, I can hear the drum track and ACID will record the guitar track but I cannot hear it. I can hear the guitar track if I turn on the software monitoring in ACID, but that has a small amount of latency, not a lot, but enough to make it rather off-putting. Why can I not directly monitor when recording? My friend has the same set up but with an Alesis Multi-Mix and he can directly monitor without any issues.

Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies