Rout Input for Behringer X1622 for Recording / Skyping with speakers on but Monitoring OFF!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Rout Input for Behringer X1622 for Recording / Skyping with speakers on but Monitoring OFF!

Hi,
I would like to use the X1622 as an audio interface and, for example, be able to use an mic input for recording WHILE having the speakers on/headphones on and not having to listen to myself or getting any Feedback.
I can not seem to figure out how to route the input, either with the hardware or the software, to be able to record the mic-input without monitoring. For example: i would like to skype with someone and be able to not get any feedback through my speakers. I can not figure out how to do this and i googled for hours!
Hope someone can help. Thank you!

Nesstor Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-26

2020-03-26

Hi,
I would like to use the X1622 as an audio interface and, for example, be able to use an mic input for recording WHILE having the speakers on/headphones on and not having to listen to myself or getting any Feedback.
I can not seem to figure out how to route the input, either with the hardware or the software, to be able to record the mic-input without monitoring. For example: i would like to skype with someone and be able to not get any feedback through my speakers. I can not figure out how to do this and i googled for hours!
Hope someone can help. Thank you!

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: Rout Input for Behringer X1622 for Recording / Skyping with speakers on but Monitoring OFF!

@Nesstor 

Hello Paul, welcome to the community.

Have you tried connecting your speakers to the Control Room outputs? This would allow you to monitor the 2-Track or USB returns without hearing the main mix which is being sent via USB for recording. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Rout Input for Behringer X1622 for Recording / Skyping with speakers on but Monitoring OFF!

I did try, but apparently i did not setup the buttons correctly.

Thank you, dear person. This is working.

I would prefer having the speakers on the Main and only my Headphones on the Control though.

Is there any way? Maybe over the subgroup?

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@Nesstor wrote:

I did try, but apparently i did not setup the buttons correctly.

Thank you, dear person. This is working.

I would prefer having the speakers on the Main and only my Headphones on the Control though.

Is there any way? Maybe over the subgroup?

@Nesstor 

There may be other ways to do it depending on what you want to record. The integrated USB interface has some limitations: It only records the main mix; If you select USB to Main Mix, the recording is muted to prevent feedback. Sometimes it is better to use an external USB audio interface.