Contributor - Level 2

Routing X-live tracks at playback to the adat outputs of a S16 stagebox

Two weeks ago I bought myself a X-live card for my X32 RACK and recorded a 14 channel live Gig, everything went smooth and fine.
Playback is working fine also, I've made myself a couple of scenes with different playback solutions/possibilities, but the correct way to route X-live tracks at playback to the adat outputs of a S16 stagebox I can't find,is it possible anyway??

LuukvanKuipers Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-11

2019-09-11

Routing X-live tracks at playback to the adat outputs of a S16 stagebox

Two weeks ago I bought myself a X-live card for my X32 RACK and recorded a 14 channel live Gig, everything went smooth and fine.
Playback is working fine also, I've made myself a couple of scenes with different playback solutions/possibilities, but the correct way to route X-live tracks at playback to the adat outputs of a S16 stagebox I can't find,is it possible anyway??

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Routing X-live tracks at playback to the adat outputs of a S16 stagebox

@LuukvanKuipers wrote:

the correct way to route X-live tracks at playback to the adat outputs of a S16 stagebox I can't find,is it possible anyway??

Is the S16 in mode 1 or 2? If so, the ADAT outputs are fed by the AES50 17-24 and 25-32 (see details). If you are using the AES50 A port (on the back of the X32 Rack), then you would assign the appropriate Card out to the 3rd and 4th banks of the AES50 (Routing, AES50 tab).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Trusted Contributor - Level 3

@LuukvanKuipers 

The S16's ADAT outs are channels 17-32. You have to choose which 16 channels you are sending to ADAT. For example, Routing > AES50 A/B tab > Source: Card 1-8,9-16, Output: AES50-A 17-24,25-32  to send Card Channels 1-16 to ADAT if your S16 is on AES50 port A.

Edit: Paul thinks and types faster than me😉

Volunteer Moderator

@LuukvanKuipers wrote:

the correct way to route X-live tracks at playback to the adat outputs of a S16 stagebox I can't find,is it possible anyway??

Is the S16 in mode 1 or 2? If so, the ADAT outputs are fed by the AES50 17-24 and 25-32 (see details). If you are using the AES50 A port (on the back of the X32 Rack), then you would assign the appropriate Card out to the 3rd and 4th banks of the AES50 (Routing, AES50 tab).

Trusted Contributor - Level 3

@LuukvanKuipers 

The S16's ADAT outs are channels 17-32. You have to choose which 16 channels you are sending to ADAT. For example, Routing > AES50 A/B tab > Source: Card 1-8,9-16, Output: AES50-A 17-24,25-32  to send Card Channels 1-16 to ADAT if your S16 is on AES50 port A.

Contributor - Level 2

Thnx Paul, the given settings did the job, GREAT!!

@dave thanks to you too

Volunteer Moderator

@DaveMorrison wrote:

As the ol' saying goes "Great minds think alike..."