Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Routing library?

Reading throught the forum it strikes me, that so many questions are about routing.
(I can relate to that, I also had my struggles)
And so many answers are given, by a number of wise members here.
But the info is fragmented over the forum, and the search options are not that good.
So the result is that a lot of answers have to be given many times.

Would it be possible to create a section in the forum where all possible scenario's are together?
If a question comes in about an existing scenario, simply refer to that item in the library.
If a question comes in that is not yet covered in the library, add a new item with that scenario.
Every scenario could have a basic scene file included (or more if more X32's are in the scenario).
I think this would add great value to this forum. Just my thoughts ...
AnthonieHunter Contributor - Level 2 2019-01-15

2019-01-15

Routing library?

Reading throught the forum it strikes me, that so many questions are about routing.
(I can relate to that, I also had my struggles)
And so many answers are given, by a number of wise members here.
But the info is fragmented over the forum, and the search options are not that good.
So the result is that a lot of answers have to be given many times.

Would it be possible to create a section in the forum where all possible scenario's are together?
If a question comes in about an existing scenario, simply refer to that item in the library.
If a question comes in that is not yet covered in the library, add a new item with that scenario.
Every scenario could have a basic scene file included (or more if more X32's are in the scenario).
I think this would add great value to this forum. Just my thoughts ...

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Routing library?

I can see where you are coming from. But, unfortunately, everyone's set up for routing is different because there are so many options available. Usually routing problems are sorted out by looking at the posters .scn Scene file and making adjustments to make it work for them. So not sure if this is actually viable. Smiley Sad
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Richard,

I understand what you mean, of course.
But in my daily work (IT, databases) when I hear 'there are so many options available' than I want to bring structure and better accessibility of the available information.

You describe how the forum is working now, and I respect that completely, because it helped a lot of people (including me). But I was just wondering if it could be improved or made more efficient.
Maybe some kind of Routing Knowledge Base, or FAQ.
Or maybe someone else with a better idea?
After all routing is the nr. 1 topic on the forum.
Contributor - Level 3

What would be nice is if someone could program an app to give a pictorial representation of the internal routing of the mixer extracted from the .scn file. Smiley Very Happy
Super Contributor - Level 1

Anthonie Hunter;158798 wrote:
Hi Richard,

I understand what you mean, of course.
But in my daily work (IT, databases) when I hear 'there are so many options available' than I want to bring structure and better accessibility of the available information.

You describe how the forum is working now, and I respect that completely, because it helped a lot of people (including me). But I was just wondering if it could be improved or made more efficient.
Maybe some kind of Routing Knowledge Base, or FAQ.
Or maybe someone else with a better idea?
After all routing is the nr. 1 topic on the forum.

Wouldn't the Wiki be the place for that.

https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=How_do_I_share_signals_over_AES50_Supermac_netw...
Volunteer Moderator

Thanks for starting this thread Anthonie. Great idea. I agree with Kevin that the wiki might be a great place to have the final (massaged) routing scenarios posted. If someone wants to start the process, I'll be glad to start adding them to a Routing section in the wiki. I don't think I'll be able to do it this week, but will do it once I get a couple of projects finished (and a gig this weekend).
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Super Contributor - Level 2

Richard YClark;158801 wrote:
What would be nice is if someone could program an app to give a pictorial representation of the internal routing of the mixer extracted from the .scn file. Smiley Very Happy

Not necessarily too difficult, but making it readable once displayed is another thing...
-Patrick
Contributor - Level 3

Well, there is this:

-------------------------------------------------- Sent from my PDP-11