Contributor - Level 3

S32 ... usb streaming

Hello,
in my actual band setup X32 is on stage (remoted with ipad from foh) and some channels are streamed from Pc using Usb connection.

We are going to purchase S32 so I was wondering if there were any chances to keep pc on stage without adding an external audio interface.

I guess I have no chances but ...
Tags (1)
SimoneGiusti Contributor - Level 3 2018-09-03

2018-09-03

S32 ... usb streaming

Hello,
in my actual band setup X32 is on stage (remoted with ipad from foh) and some channels are streamed from Pc using Usb connection.

We are going to purchase S32 so I was wondering if there were any chances to keep pc on stage without adding an external audio interface.

I guess I have no chances but ...

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: S32 ... usb streaming

Hi Simone,

Are you planning on moving the X32 to FOH position? If so, the answer to your question is no. You will need something like the new DN9630. The USB port on the back of the S32 is for updating the firmware only.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks ...
so I would have to connect DN9630 to S32 AES port and then S32 to X32 with the other AES port ??
I would have usb channels available at foh, wouldn't I ??
Volunteer Moderator

Yes you can do it that way Simone. The downside of that method would be only the first 2 banks of 8 (1-8, 9-16) would be available to the FOH (5th and 6th AES50 banks) - see pages 10-11 in the S32 QSG.

If you want more versatility, you could get an X32 Core (if you can find one) or an M32C and use the built in USB card. Another option is to get an X32 Rack and an SD16 instead of the S32.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks Paul ...
last thing ..

I guess I have to run another ethernet cable to remote X32 at f.o.h. ?? I mean, to put a wifi router on stage for mixbus controlling ...
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

any hints ?

Simone Giusti;151593 wrote:
Thanks Paul ...
last thing ..

I guess I have to run another ethernet cable to remote X32 at f.o.h. ?? I mean, to put a wifi router on stage for mixbus controlling ...
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Simone,

Sorry for the delay. Internet has been out since yesterday at work and when I got home I had other pressing things.

You can run an ethernet cable between FOH and MON and run one router (done that a few times) or you can have 2 routers (one at FOH and one at stage - done that too) or just use one router at stage (do that most of the time - since my FOH is usually my tablet).