Contributor - Level 2

Saving Scene doesn’t save Assign settings

Hi all. 

When I save a Scene, the Assign setting are not being saved/recalled with it.  They always go back to the defaults. 

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong Smiley Happy

Thanks very mucho!

Sero Contributor - Level 2 2019-07-14

2019-07-14

Saving Scene doesn’t save Assign settings

Hi all. 

When I save a Scene, the Assign setting are not being saved/recalled with it.  They always go back to the defaults. 

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong Smiley Happy

Thanks very mucho!

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Saving Scene doesn’t save Assign settings

From your other thread in these forums I presume you are asking about Scene saving on an X32 mixer? Please always include what equipment you are asking about when posting since Behringer and the other manufacturers covered by these forums make thousands of different types of audio gear. Smiley Wink
Volunteer Moderator

@Sero wrote:

Hi all. 

If you export your scene to a file (using X32-Edit for PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi), you can view/edit with a text editor. Lines 20-28 are the Assign settings and are always saved in the scene file. If they are not recalled, there is probably a safe enabled (Scenes, Mixer Safes screen).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I am talking about the X32..apologies I missed that Smiley Happy

I have checked the Safes area and nothing is selected.  I’m a little confused by it not recalling my Assign changes. I’ve redone it multiple times now and saved afterwards and every time the Assign goes back to the default settings. 

If if I am doing nothing wrong then perhaps I will reload the firmware and try again. 

Cheers!

Super Contributor - Level 2

@Sero wrote:

I have checked the Safes area and nothing is selected.  I’m a little confused by it not recalling my Assign changes. I’ve redone it multiple times now and saved afterwards and every time the Assign goes back to the default settings. 

@Sero 

How are you saving your scene? If you are saving it on the X32, it does not always get written to memory immediately. Try saving and reloading using X32 Edit - using a file on the PC - to see if the Assign settings are still lost.

Contributor - Level 2

Yes definitely on the device, I don’t use the app. 

Ive saved it and then it’s been left for hours before loading up another setting so I can’t imagine it wouldn’t have written it in that period of time.  All other settings come across except the Assign. 

Ill certainly give it a shot though as this is quite annoying with it not saving.  Cheers. 

I save different Scenes for every track I write (I’m using this in my studio) and just recall the scene automatically from the MPC. 

Volunteer Moderator

Hey @Sero , could you export one of your scenes to a file and attach it to your next response (Choose File below). I'm curious to what is included in the file.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Apologies for the delay, but since I turned it off and came back to it another day it has since been saving properly