Super Contributor - Level 2

ShowControlPro (by StrongSoft Limited)

Sometime this week I will be submitting to the App Store a new App for iOS - ShowControlPro - the concept of which derives from an App for Mac (with the same name) that I wrote quite some time ago...

It's a scene/cue based App, which uses a 'Repertoire' which is built of 'Songs', which are built of 'Cues' which contain 'Events'. Events can be many things - MIDI, OSC, ShowControl, a sound file from your music library. With the exception of sound files, everything is sent out over WiFi.

The App can connect (and subscribe) to the X Air, M Air, X32 and M32 series of consoles.
It can also connect to any other console with MIDI control, via a laptop running UMMU Server, or via the standalone UMMU Box Rev2.

Messages are programmed directly in the App as simple text strings. All of the following can be sent: MIDI: Note On, Note Off, Control Change, Program Change , SysEx. OSC: All standard OSC messages, and dispatch query messages (requests).

Below are some screenshots. I'll post again once the App has been approved...

John M
JohnMilner Super Contributor - Level 2 2019-01-21

2019-01-21

ShowControlPro (by StrongSoft Limited)

Sometime this week I will be submitting to the App Store a new App for iOS - ShowControlPro - the concept of which derives from an App for Mac (with the same name) that I wrote quite some time ago...

It's a scene/cue based App, which uses a 'Repertoire' which is built of 'Songs', which are built of 'Cues' which contain 'Events'. Events can be many things - MIDI, OSC, ShowControl, a sound file from your music library. With the exception of sound files, everything is sent out over WiFi.

The App can connect (and subscribe) to the X Air, M Air, X32 and M32 series of consoles.
It can also connect to any other console with MIDI control, via a laptop running UMMU Server, or via the standalone UMMU Box Rev2.

Messages are programmed directly in the App as simple text strings. All of the following can be sent: MIDI: Note On, Note Off, Control Change, Program Change , SysEx. OSC: All standard OSC messages, and dispatch query messages (requests).

John M

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies

Re: ShowControlPro (by StrongSoft Limited)

John Milner;159097 wrote:

John M

Now available in the App Store for both iPhone and iPad:-

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/showcontrolpro/id1450159144?mt=8

John M
Contributor - Level 2

Well, I am very curious! Definitely gonna try it
Is there a demoversion available?

Paul Misset;159247 wrote:
Well, I am very curious! Definitely gonna try it
Is there a demoversion available?

No demo version (and no user guide at the moment!) - but if you don't like it, you can always get your money back in the App Store. The App is fairly intuitive. I'm working on the User Guide at the moment...

John M
Volunteer Moderator

Looks very interesting John. Any android version in the future?
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Paul Vannatto;159286 wrote:
Looks very interesting John. Any android version in the future?

Paul - I'm still not (as yet) developing for Android, although I may start quite soon...

John M
Highlighted

John Milner;159097 wrote:

John M

Here is the commands library for SCP, for anyone that's interested:-

http://www.strongsoft.co.uk/SCPCommandsLibrary.pdf.zip

John M