Contributor - Level 2

Simple mixing app for XR-12

Hi, all. It's been a while. 

I was using XR-12 for mixing an Open Mic and found it to be more trouble than it was worth. I'm dealing with a new set of singers and musicians after every three songs and it's just so much easier to use an old-school analog P.A. head.

I hate to give up on the X, but really need a mixing app that emulates an old board - like maybe six channels with Hi and Low EQ, a reverb send and level. As someone said - something with an interface like an amp plug-in that looks like an old piece of analog gear. 

I can probably write something like this, so I'm asking what is the currently supported tool chain for building such things? I've seen debates about MIDI vs OSC, etc.

Thanks!

KarlRoessler Contributor - Level 2 05-17-2019

05-17-2019

Simple mixing app for XR-12

Hi, all. It's been a while. 

I was using XR-12 for mixing an Open Mic and found it to be more trouble than it was worth. I'm dealing with a new set of singers and musicians after every three songs and it's just so much easier to use an old-school analog P.A. head.

I hate to give up on the X, but really need a mixing app that emulates an old board - like maybe six channels with Hi and Low EQ, a reverb send and level. As someone said - something with an interface like an amp plug-in that looks like an old piece of analog gear. 

I can probably write something like this, so I'm asking what is the currently supported tool chain for building such things? I've seen debates about MIDI vs OSC, etc.

Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Simple mixing app for XR-12

@KarlRoessler 

You could probably achieve this with a custom layout in Mixing Station XAir Pro. See MS Documentation

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor - Level 3

Re: Simple mixing app for XR-12

@KarlRoessler 

I agree with Rex. If you want hardware control, the X-Touch interfaces well with the XR-12—but it's a bit pricey.