Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Stereo In Ear Monitoring

Hello all, my band recently upgraded to the 32 channel digital snake. Hooray because now we can run stereo in ears!

However we ran into a problem. When our FOH engineer was setting up the bus sends, he set them all up stereo supposedly, yet I was having problems. It did indeed sound like it had more space because of two different level sends, but I ran into a problem.

What I noticed was that when I panned instruments to one side, they wouldn't pan and the volume would stay the same. When I panned to the other side, it wouldn't pan, and the volume would be non existent event with the fader at a good audible level.

Has anybody had this problem before? I have a gig coming up this week and I would really like to have all of this straightened out so I can hear better than I did at the last gig. Any and all help is appreciated!
DanielSmith Contributor - Level 2 2017-06-02

2017-06-02

Stereo In Ear Monitoring

Hello all, my band recently upgraded to the 32 channel digital snake. Hooray because now we can run stereo in ears!

However we ran into a problem. When our FOH engineer was setting up the bus sends, he set them all up stereo supposedly, yet I was having problems. It did indeed sound like it had more space because of two different level sends, but I ran into a problem.

What I noticed was that when I panned instruments to one side, they wouldn't pan and the volume would stay the same. When I panned to the other side, it wouldn't pan, and the volume would be non existent event with the fader at a good audible level.

Has anybody had this problem before? I have a gig coming up this week and I would really like to have all of this straightened out so I can hear better than I did at the last gig. Any and all help is appreciated!

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Stereo In Ear Monitoring

Upload the scene file from the console so we can see how the buses are actually set up.
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Stereo In Ear Monitoring

Where were you doing the panning? If you do it on the actual channel it will normally only pan across the Main L/R outputs. If you want to pan a channel to stereo monitor mixes via busses you have to do the panning on the Bus send.