Contributor - Level 3

Studio recording with x 32 producer and s 16 to pro tools

I'm trying to use a x32 Producer and s16 as interface to record with Pro Tools. I have both x-usb and x-WSG cards. The problem I'm faceing is that I can't figure out how to monitor already recorded tracks and record at the same time. You know, like over dubbing and punching in. I also have a Powerplay HA6000 for the musisians. Ok, this is were it gets complicated. When I'm in record mode on the x32 I can't hear the already recorded tracks and when I'm in play mode I can't record. HELP!!!

Vincent Hancock
VinnieHancock Contributor - Level 3 2019-11-07

2019-11-07

Studio recording with x 32 producer and s 16 to pro tools

I'm trying to use a x32 Producer and s16 as interface to record with Pro Tools. I have both x-usb and x-WSG cards. The problem I'm faceing is that I can't figure out how to monitor already recorded tracks and record at the same time. You know, like over dubbing and punching in. I also have a Powerplay HA6000 for the musisians. Ok, this is were it gets complicated. When I'm in record mode on the x32 I can't hear the already recorded tracks and when I'm in play mode I can't record. HELP!!!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: Studio recording with x 32 producer and s 16 to pro tools

Make all the outputs be stereo 1 and 2 or the equal of that in pro tools. use aux remap on the inputs routing page and use card 1 and 2 for the source. You should hear your tracks on aux ch 1 and 2 of your mixer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: Studio recording with x 32 producer and s 16 to pro tools

Make all the outputs be stereo 1 and 2 or the equal of that in pro tools. use aux remap on the inputs routing page and use card 1 and 2 for the source. You should hear your tracks on aux ch 1 and 2 of your mixer.

View solution in original post